Black box in corner of screen when playing most games not on dekstop

Kanna

I have a black box on my screen when inside games but on desktop it's gone this happens on most games

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Could you take a screenshot please?

(Apart from anything else, whether the issue appears in screenshots or not can indicate a bit about what causes it)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Jokes aside, when did this start? Which corner of the screen is it? If it's the lower right corner, did you download any software recently that appear beside the program menus besides the sound control, etc?

PD: I'm guessing you're on Windows 10

1 minute ago, somer4ndo said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Jokes aside, when did this start? Which corner of the screen is it? If it's the lower right corner, did you download any software recently that appear beside the program menus besides the sound control, etc?

PD: I'm guessing you're on Windows 10

bottom right, no new program recently except flash projector and cold war

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I'm going to guess that one of the context menus got bugged out and is interfering with anything running on fullscreen, can you try to open and close those context menus, inluding the calendar thingy, and check if the black square persists?

21 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Could you take a screenshot please?

(Apart from anything else, whether the issue appears in screenshots or not can indicate a bit about what causes it)

Here is an image

csa.png

Reminder⚠️

33 minutes ago, somer4ndo said:

I'm going to guess that one of the context menus got bugged out and is interfering with anything running on fullscreen, can you try to open and close those context menus, inluding the calendar thingy, and check if the black square persists?

Restarting have not fixed

Reminder⚠️

tried DDU?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Could be something you are running in the background some type of overlay. Do you have anything like that downloaded?

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

tried DDU?

Yeah

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Minicoop said:

Could be something you are running in the background some type of overlay. Do you have anything like that downloaded?

Not really only thing I can think of is classic shell and wallpaper engine also rivatuner

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Yeah

i think it's probably some app's notification that's stuck

but if restarting doesnt help, then it's probably something wrong with OS

try disabling all startup apps, restart and try again?

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

try disabling all startup apps, restart and try again?

Will try tomorrow 

Reminder⚠️

I posted this few days ago so mods please merge if you want, I have a black box that I can't get rid of new GPU drivers, restarts checking start programs nothing

Reminder⚠️

Do you have the Nvidia GeForce app installed or no?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, Voluspa said:

Do you have the Nvidia GeForce app installed or no?

Geforce experience yes

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Geforce experience yes

Make sure you didn't accidentally enable the webcam overlay. 

I went to your profile and couldn't see the old thread. Sorry if that's something that was already suggested.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Voluspa said:

Make sure you didn't accidentally enable the webcam overlay. 

I went to your profile and couldn't see the old thread. Sorry if that's something that was already suggested.

Nope they said restart and then thread died, also tysm it actually was the webcam thing should rebind

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Nope they said restart and then thread died, also tysm it actually was the webcam thing should rebind

Glad that was fresh in my mind. Just happened to the lady a week or so ago! 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

• 7 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 8:35 AM, Kanna said:

I have a black box on my screen when inside games but on desktop it's gone this happens on most games

hey dude I really need help I have this problem and I cant fix it, have you found a fix? Please contact me on discord shay!#6666, please I really need help with this