Is there any game that you really proud of having in your collection?

centurion_08

It is that simple. It doesn't have to be rare or expensive. Just a game you own and like, and you feeling extra proud of it.

The first game I ever remember playing - Wii Sports Resort.
Original box, original disc, even the original Wiimote and Wii MotionPlus attachment and sleeve, but unfortunately not the original Wii (that Wii is dying :().
It's the same model, though.

I added homebrew to it so I could play Spike Wii.

elephants

I have a decent amount of Wii games, two N64 games, some DS/3DS games (mostly Pokemon), and a few PS1/PS2 games.

I've only played Final Fantasy 12? of those.

elephants

The things I am most proud of in my gaming collection are probably more my consoles (or rather handhelds) I think.

But some of the games that come to my mind of feeling great about having:

CIB Pokémon HeartGold, including a (working PokéWalker).

Got this game close to release and I think it's one of the best Pokémon games to date. The PokéWalker accessory is also really fun. Replaced the battery last year and I am going to work towards the 9.999.999 steps on it some day!

I understand you mentioned rarity/value isn't important, but I would like to mention a complete in box unit (NTSC) seems to fetch 100-200 USD on eBay still. My hope of ever finding a CIB SoulSilver is shrinking by the day :P

CIB Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Game Boy Color) and NES Classic Xevious (GBA).

Decided to mention these at the same time, since I like having them for the same reason. CIB units of games that originally came with cardboard boxes is getting harder and harder over the years. These two I specifically like because one I found at a flea market and the other in a store, years after the original release.

CIB Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis.

This is the game I attribute my online username(s) to so it holds a special place in my heart :D

A majority of the (main line) Pokémon games.

I am a huge fan of Pokémon and have many of the games over the years, which is probably one of my favorite parts of my collection.

Which I don't have (yet!):

- Silver

- Ruby, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen (I wasn't really buying games for GBA around the time these released)

- Platinum

- Ultra Sun

- Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

- Sword/Shield

In the mainline series of Pokémon there are 32 games, of which I own 21. Some of which cartridge only, etc. but that's still the majority I do own, with the major gaps being generation 3 and the latest two gens.

Doesn't sound as impressive typing it out tbh, but it's still a part of my collection I treasure.

But game collecting is always something I have done in addition to collecting consoles, controllers and handhelds (I mainly like the latter!) and my main collection of Pokémon cards. Especially the Pokémon card collection is where my really treasured stuff is in

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not exactly full games but rare demos that I'm very glad to own:

Gran Turismo 3 Replay Theater - a relatively early GT3 non-playable demo that showcases a lot of neat and weird early shit with the game.

large.gt3_replay_theater.png.be8f047f0da547db0ebf453d0d9a07f4.png

Gran Turismo 4 First Preview - a rather late GT4 demo showcasing a product much closer to being finished than GT4 Prologue before it. Still shares quite a bit with GT4P though.

large.gt4_first_preview.png.bcbae87f88dc5c0d93a0e0a9f196d34d.png

Last but not least, Fantavision Trial Version - this demo's actually all over the internet as this is identical to the PlayStation Festival 2000 taikenban that's easily accessible, but there was a dedicated non-retail demo version of this disc... which I own.

G4g5C.png

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

11 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Gran Turismo 3 Replay Theater

Gran Turismo 4 First Preview

Fantavision Trial Version

That is cool af. I remember as a kid having these ps1 demo disc's. Coudn't afford full versions so i was playing the fuck out of demos. 

more or less random, but yeah... 

20201210_030210.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

GW0eM.png

You're the very first person I've seen that's proud of owning Driving Emotion Type-S lmao

sweats in sight of my two Japanese copies and my American copy

I mean it's a racing game from SquareSoft, what's not to like! 

It's actually quite good if you get used to the "weird" handling it all makes sense... lol 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I'm super proud that I have the original .Hack// Volumes 1-4, mostly complete. The only thing I'm missing is the manual for Volume 1. I have the manuals for the other 3 and the cover art and DVDs for all 4. It was a frickin journey back in the day to get all of them without spending a fortune. My mom came in clutch on Volume 4 though. She doesn't have the slightest bit of interest in video games but heard me talk about looking for it one time and tracked down a copy for me for Christmas several years ago. Of course, she paid a decent chunk for a used PS2 game. They were typically around $10-20 at the time ($30-40 for more desirable games), and she paid close to $100 I think. At the time, $100 for a game, especially a used one, was a stretch for me. Not so much now.

I'm also kind proud of having the full Atelier Iris Trilogy and both the limited editions of Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, centurion_08 said:

It is that simple. It doesn't have to be rare or expensive. Just a game you own and like, and you feeling extra proud of it.

All of the halo games physically. Played them all, loved them all.

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I mean it's a racing game from SquareSoft, what's not to like! 

It's actually quite good if you get used to the "weird" handling it all makes sense... lol 

The soundtrack is fucking killer, I'll totally admit that. Just don't like the way handling feels in it. Always preferred the handling in Gran Turismo and Enthusia lol.

3 hours ago, B16CXHatch said:

I'm super proud that I have the original .Hack// Volumes 1-4, mostly complete. The only thing I'm missing is the manual for Volume 1. I have the manuals for the other 3 and the cover art and DVDs for all 4. It was a frickin journey back in the day to get all of them without spending a fortune. My mom came in clutch on Volume 4 though. She doesn't have the slightest bit of interest in video games but heard me talk about looking for it one time and tracked down a copy for me for Christmas several years ago. Of course, she paid a decent chunk for a used PS2 game. They were typically around $10-20 at the time ($30-40 for more desirable games), and she paid close to $100 I think. At the time, $100 for a game, especially a used one, was a stretch for me. Not so much now.

I'm also kind proud of having the full Atelier Iris Trilogy and both the limited editions of Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2.

God damn, that's a chunk-a-change for a PS2 game. Then again, the .hack games fetch a lot of money nowadays, least from what I remember.

19 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

God damn, that's a chunk-a-change for a PS2 game. Then again, the .hack games fetch a lot of money nowadays, least from what I remember.

Dude, I just searched .Hack// Quarantine (Vol 4) on eBay and holy shit. Glad I got these like 10-12 years ago.

Used to.  Had a super sweet, many many years of collecting Super Nintendo games - all sorts of rare titles I would order on Ebay, every paycheck go to the local game stores and pick up games Id wanted to add to it.  Boxes of games.  Then wife decided to put it out during her garage sale, all of it for $40.  It sold right away.  Didnt find out till the next day.

Im still sore with her about that, thanks for bringing it up.  ;)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

I have several copies of Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 on original xbox. I wish I bought the physical copies of Halo 1 & 2 for PC when they were in the store... :(

Not that it matters but I also have the galactic edition of Spore which was cool to watch the movie about evolution. More of a PC gaming thing than a console one though.

Can I say I'm also not proud to own the physical copy of Dawn of War 3?

37 minutes ago, fpo said:

Can I say I'm also not proud to own the physical copy of Dawn of War 3?

puke-gif.gif.4dc8295f271a99d7e3ad40426cb774aa.gif

As much as i love 40K..

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: After posting this I noticed it's the console section, maybe not as interesting but on the console side Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for the Game Boy Colour would probably be the game I'm most proud of owning. I really need to sort out the save battery though as it's run flat.

Here's a photo I took just over 10 years ago of my imported Touhou games. I've still got the disks just not with me at the moment.
These are the first 13 games in the official series released for Windows.

Touhou 6 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

Touhou 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom
Touhou 7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power
Touhou 8 Imperishable Night
Touhou 9 Phantasmagoria of Flower View
Touhou 9.5 Shoot the Bullet
Touhou 10 Mountain of Faith
Touhou 10.5 Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
Touhou 11 Subterranean Animism
Touhou 12 Undefined Fantastic Object
Touhou 12.3 Touhou Hisotensoku
Touhou 12.5 Double Spoiler
Touhou 12.8 Fairy Wars

B6652DA6-6E2C-4754-A4DC-8FA182C5AF4B.thumb.jpeg.3971aacb0a4dfc62eadd8da32f2d37ef.jpeg

I also still have the boxed copy of the space combat sim I-WAR (Independence War) which came out in 1997.
If you have some time I'd recommend going on Youtube and watching the intro sequence from it,

search "Independence War Intro", as it's still one of the best cinematic intros I've seen.

7777F21F-41EA-4671-8239-3312BD3E7704.thumb.jpeg.e7005cc4afc2fd6c0e93781ba1bc50f6.jpeg

There's quite a few, but I'm at work so I can't get pics rn.  But the most proud are:

• Va-11 Hall-A collector's edition on Switch.  Tied with Ace Combat 5 as my favorite game of all time.  Speaking of which
  • Ace Combat 5 on PS2.  Tied with the previous mention as my favorite game of all time.
  • Kirby Dream Collection box set on Wii.  I love Kirby and always wanted this, got it finally last year.
  • Super Mario All-Stars on Wii.  It's even lazier than 3D All-Stars on Switch (which I love), but the history behind it is amazing.
  • ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut on N64.  Yes I own a copy, my mom got it for me as a kid at half-priced books.  I'm just proud I can own a copy today.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy collector's edition on Wii.  Love it.  I bought it just cause I saw it on the shelf at Walmart way back then.
  • The Last Story collector's edition on Wii.  I preordered this game instead of Xenoblade Chronicles.  Honestly, in retrospect, glad I did.  Xenoblade has gotten ported over to 3DS and was even remade for the Switch in HD.  I own it on Switch now.  But The Last Story is stuck on the Wii and it's a criminally underrated RPG imo.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Wii.  It's the basic launch version.  Has the 25th anniversary soundtrack, doesn't come with the wii remote, but I love it.  I was so proud to get it back then, it was a Christmas gift, and I just have fond memories with the game.
  • Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA.  It's my favorite Kirby game.

Honestly though, I'm proud of my entire collection, even Madden 08 on the PS2!  This is what I like to do, and while I don't have the most impressive collection by any means, nothing super rare either outside of ClayFighter, I'm proud of all of it.  

I'm even proud of some of the consoles, and while you didn't ask.  I will provide some examples.

• My launch Wii.  I got it as a Christmas gift, and it was my system of choice during the 7th gen.  I was that kid in high school with a Wii.
  • Nintendo Switch (Animal Crossing edition) first real "limited edition" console I've owned.
  • Super Mario Bros New Nintendo 3DS, I got it during a GameStop pro days sale, and now it's significantly more than what I paid for it.  Plus it just looks super cool!.
  • Xbox One S Minecraft edition.  I got it at a local pawn shop for less than $200.  At the time on Price Charting, it was worth over $300.
  • Virtual Boy.  Yes, I have a Virtual Boy.  I love it.  I never had an issue with migraines with it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I decided to add a photos.  I even added some more games and systems.  Didn’t take pics of the home consoles, but I did take pics of the handhelds, and I did the back of my switch, hopefully you can see the animal crossing designs.  As you can tell I’m a very Nintendo centric collector.  With Sony and Microsoft taking the second seat.

57F03ABF-04A1-4DC2-A61B-F257471E6481.jpeg

ED2A43AC-1CE2-46BC-B78E-1059AB66126F.jpeg

D99086DB-F5FC-46CE-A75E-5804F5C82D52.jpeg

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Oh, you know what I'm absolutely proud of having? Six Five copies of Gran Turismo 3!

image0.jpg

My favorite game of all-time. And I actually do have six copies, just that I didn't feel like finding my Japanese copy. I need to find me a Mega Hits copy of that, a pack-in Japanese copy and a European copy of the game, but I have the jugular covered for the US versions of this game.