A bit of a pickle (need opinions on a new mech keyboard)

MadmanRB

Okay so here's the scoop, after spending a month with my Cooler Master CK552 that I got on sale on amazons prime day with red Switches I decided it was not for me and gave it to my father taking back my Drevo Blademaster TE with browns.

Just one problem, looks like the drevo is giving up the ghost.

Its really acting funny, I am typing with it now but it seems sticky and unresponsive.

I dont think my time with it will last much longer so I need a replacement.

But here's the kicker:

At this stage I dont have a lot of money, I recently had to pay full price to get a new smartphone and on top of that we have a car in the garage, and we don't know how much it will cost us.

I am setting a budget here as I got taxes to factor in, I am US based and have the following options:

1STPLAYER TKL RGB Gaming Mechanical USB Wired Keyboard DK5.0 $45 USD

Tecware Phantom $45.99 USD

Tecware Spectre Pro $70 USD

Redragon K556 $60

That is what I am looking at as all seem to be great budget options with good features all around

The Tekwares seem enticing as I like the idea of the replaceable USB cables

And both the Tekwares and the Redragon K556 offer hot swappable switches, I am aware that the Tekware is limited to utemu but that doesn't bother me, I worked with Utemu blues with my spare Keyboard the Redragon K555 Indrah which I had to stop using thanks to all the noise it made.

This is why all these models seem appealing as I can get all of them in MX cherry brown clones which is my preferred switch due to its quietness but not as mushy as I found reds to be.

Anyhow, those keyboards are what I am looking for, I know there are others but I need something that is good in the below $80 range that has little to no compromises.

I don't care if it's cherry knock off even, as long as it features full RGB, some good features and at a decent price count me in.

-snip removed cus fixed-

Spoiler

What the deuce?!?!!?!??
This is what i see.

Screenshot_34.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Okay so here's the scoop, after spending a month with my Cooler Master CK552 that I got on sale on amazons prime day with red Switches I decided it was not for me and gave it to my father taking back my Drevo Blademaster TE with browns.

Just one problem, looks like the drevo is giving up the ghost.

Its really acting funny, I am typing with it now but it seems sticky and unresponsive.

I dont think my time with it will last much longer so I need a replacement.

But here's the kicker:

At this stage I dont have a lot of money, I recently had to pay full price to get a new smartphone and on top of that we have a car in the garage, and we don't know how much it will cost us.

I am setting a budget here as I got taxes to factor in, I am US based and have the following options:

1STPLAYER TKL RGB Gaming Mechanical USB Wired Keyboard DK5.0 $45 USD

Tecware Phantom $45.99 USD

Tecware Spectre Pro $70 USD

Redragon K556 $60

That is what I am looking at as all seem to be great budget options with good features all around

The Tekwares seem enticing as I like the idea of the replaceable USB cables

And both the Tekwares and the Redragon K556 offer hot swappable switches, I am aware that the Tekware is limited to utemu but that doesn't bother me, I worked with Utemu blues with my spare Keyboard the Redragon K555 Indrah which I had to stop using thanks to all the noise it made.

This is why all these models seem appealing as I can get all of them in MX cherry brown clones which is my preferred switch due to its quietness but not as mushy as I found reds to be.

Anyhow, those keyboards are what I am looking for, I know there are others but I need something that is good in the below $80 range that has little to no compromises.

I don't care if it's cherry knock off even, as long as it features full RGB, some good features and at a decent price count me in.

You'll have to remove the format for your text because it's black on black for night theme users

Like this

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

What the deuce?!?!!?!??
This is what i see.

Screenshot_34.png

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If you are on that big of a budget, get a Redraon k552. I recently got it (the reds version) and I love it. ANd its like 37usd, so........

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

No I am fine as long as its under $80, plus the K552 only comes in reds and blues.

I really do not get on with reds and blues are out of the question due to noise... trust me i even have o rings on my Redragon indrah for its blues... still too loud :(

13 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

No I am fine as long as its under $80, plus the K552 only comes in reds and blues.

I really do not get on with reds and blues are out of the question due to noise... trust me i even have o rings on my Redragon indrah for its blues... still too loud :(

Looks like silent switches will fit your needs.

What type of switches do you prefer? What is your preferred keyboard size? TKL, full size, 60%, etc.

Finally, where are you from?

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

I am from the US

And i seem to favor browns/blues over reds.

My keyboard size is either TKL or full size, I can't get with 60%, too cramped

5 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

I am from the US

And i seem to favor browns/blues over reds.

My keyboard size is either TKL or full size, I can't get with 60%, too cramped

Imma copypaste what my friend said on a different thread.

3 hours ago, seon123 said:

If you really need full size, you could get a barebones GMMK full size for $60, and a set cheap doubleshot keycaps from Aliexpress for ~$15. For switches, the cheapest silent tactile is probably the Gateron Silent Brown, for $3.80 per 10x, which should bring the total to a bit above $100. Alternative switches could be Aliaz, Keebwerk Tacit, Boba U4, Outemu Sky and Box Silent Brown.

Although YMMV when it comes to finding everything in stock

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

I said I need something that is good in the below $80 range

Do i need to bold that and underline and with the text size 72 pixels here?

I need something that is good in the below $80 range

This means nothing over $80 or do i need to translate?

I just got the bill to repair my car, its over $300 so I need something Budget.

Anything over my $80 limit is out of the question, I got other bills to pay along with the car, plus there are taxes and shipping to worry about.