Asus Prime x570 pro dram light on

EvenOctopi

I’ve just finished building my new system with a Ryzen 7 5800x on the prime x570 pro and when powering on the dram light came on and it cannot boot past Asus logo screen or enter bios. I’ve reseated the ram multiple times and the lights in the ram are fully lit so I don’t think that’s the issue, I’ve also tried running just one stick in the A2 slot but am having the exact same issue. Any help is appreciated thanks!image.thumb.jpg.a3528f98a5bd5c7dc759027657f1326d.jpg

To clarify I cannot get past this point and pressing delete or f2 does not do anythingimage.thumb.jpg.8ec8e32f59bfbec5781db4c8242029e3.jpg

Tried the RAM in any other slot? Other than A2

also, try clearing CMOS

Is the board ryzen 5000 ready?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Try doing what Moonzy said, it's likely that your board will need a BIOS update in order to support Ryzen 5000 series processors.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Tried the RAM in any other slot? Other than A2

also, try clearing CMOS

Is the board ryzen 5000 ready?

I’ve also tried single stick in A1 and B2 to no avail, the board is not 5000 series ready but without being able to boot into the bios I’m not sure how to update it, I have it on a flash drive and have plugged it in but can’t load it

3 minutes ago, MoonlightSylv said:

Try doing what Moonzy said, it's likely that your board will need a BIOS update in order to support Ryzen 5000 series processors.

How do I go about updating the bios if I cannot access it?

1 minute ago, EvenOctopi said:

I’ve also tried single stick in A1 and B2 to no avail, the board is not 5000 series ready but without being able to boot into the bios I’m not sure how to update it, I have it on a flash drive and have plugged it in but can’t load it

You'll need an older CPU to do it unless your board supports bios flashback

You could ask a shop nearby to do it for you, or the place you bought the PC from

Or you could register for a kit from AMD, I think they're still providing the service the lend it kits for bios updates

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Use another computer to download in the BIOS to a USB flash drive, upon start up, press F2 or Delete to go into the BIOS, go to "update" and you should be good to go. 

AMD Ryzen 3 3100 // ASUS X-570-P Prime // 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 CL16 // ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Super //  WD Black SN750 2TB // Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA 6Gb // Corsair CX500

On 12/8/2020 at 1:12 AM, Mark_Laidlaw said:

Use another computer to download in the BIOS to a USB flash drive, upon start up, press F2 or Delete to go into the BIOS, go to "update" and you should be good to go. 

I can’t access the bios with the current configuration though, I’ve got a 3000 series on the way to update with for now

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, EvenOctopi said:

I can’t access the bios with the current configuration though, I’ve got a 3000 series on the way to update with for now

Did getting the extra chip to flash the BIOS fix your problem? I'm running into the same issue right now, although I don't even get a green boot light.