Cyberpunk 2077 finally but will it run for you?

Gamer Schnitzel

Slight update from me, CB2077 running absolutely fine for me with a Ryzen 2600 and 5700xt all cooled with a custom loop driving a simple 1080p 60hz panel. Gpu sits at 55deg, cpu at 58deg max.

I've only played for a couple of hours but its looks fantastic IMO. Graphics preset on first load to ultra/high and seems to be locked in a 60fps which havnt figured if due to a setting or auto detection of my monitor. Either way it doesnt matter as I can only see 60fps with my setup atm.

I've had zero driver issues with my 5700xt, no artifacts, no stuttering or anything.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Holy crap, that's 10900k w/ RTX 3090 toping 45 fps? Jesus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

39 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

Holy crap, that's 10900k w/ RTX 3090 toping 45 fps? Jesus

It's a beast of a game all right...though that's with RT enabled, surely?

2 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Still, that's just stupid

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Just now, MyLittleFella said:

I don't know, ray tracing is baked into this game and as a feature it really hits performance anyway, doesn't it?

1 minute ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I don't know, ray tracing is baked into this game and as a feature it really hits performance anyway, doesn't it?

What if you disable it, how much more can you get?

2 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

99% of the games that use RT actually use fake RT and not real RT. RT actually means that ALL lighting must be done via RT, every single ray but this is actually not possible in the slightest no matter how good little kiddos feel about forcing their parents to buy them a 3090. Devs usually only use some RT with some effects here and there and still bake most lighting into the game.

RT was never meant to be released at this point but Nvidia pushed it out for marketing reasons. Tech is not ready at all for rendering RT which is why hardware is struggling with CP2077. They have implemented too many RT effects on a wide range but you can't blame them. When they started coding the game they had no clue how good the next gen consoles would be or even the new graphics cards so they had to make an assumption and sadly AMD and Nvidia completely failed us and were not able to give us proper RT performance. Nvidia should have waited at least one more generation before flouting this stupid tech. Even SpiderMan on PS5 received a new patch today to reduce the resolution since the console simply cannot handle the game with the little RT it has.

4 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

99% of the games that use RT actually use fake RT and not real RT. RT actually means that ALL lighting must be done via RT, every single ray but this is actually not possible in the slightest no matter how good little kiddos feel about forcing their parents to buy them a 3090. Devs usually only use some RT with some effects here and there and still bake most lighting into the game.

RT was never meant to be released at this point but Nvidia pushed it out for marketing reasons. Tech is not ready at all for rendering RT which is why hardware is struggling with CP2077. They have implemented too many RT effects on a wide range but you can't blame them. When they started coding the game they had no clue how good the next gen consoles would be or even the new graphics cards so they had to make an assumption and sadly AMD and Nvidia completely failed us and were not able to give us proper RT performance. Nvidia should have waited at least one more generation before flouting this stupid tech. Even SpiderMan on PS5 received a new patch today to reduce the resolution since the console simply cannot handle the game with the little RT it has.

I see, and I agree.

37 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

What if you disable it, how much more can you get?

My understanding is enabling ray tracing can drop your fps anywhere from 40 to 60%.

If you are already struggling to hit that 60 minimum, it will just decimate your frames.

At least, that's my personal experience. 

2 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

From looking at the results in the link, it looks like 2160p Ultra + RTX Ultra + DLSS Quality. Turn off the DLSS and the average framerate in that scene is 21 fps at 2160p Ultra + RTX Ultra. 2160p Ultra with no RTX and no DLSS was shown to average 47 fps with a 37 fps low in that scene, so I would imagine 2160 Ultra + DLSS without any RTX would get you to 60 fps on that setup.

5 hours ago, Bouncewasp said:

Either way it doesnt matter as I can only see 60fps with my setup atm.

Higher FPS = lower input latency,and it's noticeable even in 60Hz monitors,

Also in Cyberpunk mouse movement is tied to FPS for some reason.

2 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

As matter of fact i have problems with the denoiser they use,instead of smoke i get RTX noise (there suppose to be a reflection behind it):

Spoiler

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_11_02_11_06_121.thumb.png.55f10fce4d660a195b79b66cd494ab3f.png

I usually get 50-90 FPS with rare dips to 45 FPS,the frame rate is all over the place.

My settings are a combo of high and low.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Here's my experience w/ it.

In general, I'm pushing an avarage of 55 frames up to 80 sometimes. But most of the time, it's between 55 and 65 frames.

The settings are in the topic

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1279704-cyberpunk-my-experience-w-a-7700k-gtx-1080/

Here's my experience w/ it.

In general, I'm pushing an avarage of 55 frames up to 80 sometimes. But most of the time, it's between 55 and 65 frames.

The settings are in the topic

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1279704-cyberpunk-my-experience-w-a-7700k-gtx-1080/

You disabled Screen space reflections,I have seen a noticeable boost in graphics quality with that setting,even on low.

It tanks performance but i think it worths it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

You disabled Screen space reflections,I have seen a noticeable boost in graphics quality with that setting,even on low.

It tanks performance but i think it worths it.

I was about to ask that, is it really worth it? Maybe I could push it to low, but i'm not sure

I was about to ask that, is it really worth it? Maybe I could push it to low, but i'm not sure

For me it was a night and day difference,

But on low the denoiser sucks so you will have a bit of ray tracing noise,it still looks a lot better than off.