[Crazy idea disscussion] Is it possible to add more 8-pin to GPU that have extra solder point ????

TukangKopi

I just wondering, this crazy idea, may or may not be good idea, about adding more 8pin to GPU, because many of 3rd party manufactured card, have extra solder point, and maybe trace line on PCB ???

What would you get from adding more power to a card? They already have enough to run. Those solder points are usually left because they reuse the same board for different cards, and the power management on the card probably can't handle the extra power and might not have the internal traces to connect the power to anything.

3 minutes ago, TukangKopi said:

I just wondering, this crazy idea, may or may not be good idea, about adding more 8pin to GPU, because many of 3rd party manufactured card, have extra solder point, and maybe trace line on PCB ???

I mean you can solder it on. The card will probably get fried when you plug the cable in that or the psu as those extra points are normally not connected to anything. There is no point in doing this too as well the card was made for the power it is supposed to receive. If you wanna do extreme ocing then there are cards made for that.

6 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I don't know about that... but if you want to Vmod a card.. Look here for information:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/general-gpu-voltmod-and-external-vrm-information.1637811/

DISCLAIMER: I accept no responsibility for what you do with information provided lol.

That was horrifying to look at.

I'm not even certain why he did all that work.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That was horrifying to look at.

I'm not even certain why he did all that work.

A few more mhz lol.

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

I don't know about that... but if you want to Vmod a card.. Look here for information:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/general-gpu-voltmod-and-external-vrm-information.1637811/

DISCLAIMER: I accept no responsibility for what you do with information provided lol.

That’s janky as fuck XD, ughhh what a crazy idea crossing my mind.