What controller do you use for pc gaming?

The title says it all really. I like to use controllers for certain games, and I'm wondering what other people like using.

1 minute ago, TrueAzurock said:

The title says it all really. I like to use controllers for certain games, and I'm wondering what other people like using.

Logitech F310 or SN30 Pro works for most everything

Need the logitech software to increase the sensitivity on the sticks though for like gamecube.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, TrueAzurock said:

I have a HORIPAD3 laying around but the sticks are rather stiff of these. It takes a bit of force to get them going so I wouldn't recommend it for FPS or driving games where you want precision. It's good for fighting games though. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I mostly use the xbox one controller. I also recommend it for use with your PC

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Xbox One controller. Why overcomplicate things for no reason when an Xbox One controller just works on Windows?

Because I don't feel like spending money on a controller when I have one that works perfectly fine and doesn't have the reversed mapping?

elephants

5 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Because I don't feel like spending money on a controller when I have one that works perfectly fine and doesn't have the reversed mapping?

I mean, you already wasted money to get a Switch Pro controller, surely an Xbox One controller can be had by that point.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

I mean, you already wasted money to get a Switch Pro controller, surely an Xbox One controller can be had by that point.

I didn't buy it.

It was a Christmas present.

It was for my Switch, so I can use one controller for two things.

elephants

I used logitech f710 (wireless gamepad)

I like the battery life, 1-3 months under very heavy use for 2 AA batteries is decent (in hindsight)

The downside is the trigger buttons are VERY heavy, to the point of finger fatigue if you're playing aiming game that requires u to hold down the buttons a lot

Right now I'm using PS4 controller, it's very nice, very light and all

Since there's phone mounts for it, I mount my phone on it and play games using steam link sometimes, it's very nice

But battery life is only 1.5days, and no low battery indication on PC, so it just cuts off mid-game

I have to charge it daily and it's a bummer

But if you plug it in (wired works) then this isn't a concern, though the micro USB port might break very soon

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I use my PS4 controller most of the times and sometime my 8 years old Razer Onza.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Steam Controller. 

I also had XBOX 360 controller but I sold it because I never used it since I got the Steam one. 

my xbox 360 controller still works so im using it. but sometimes it works like a bastard to get it paired with the wireless receiver. the pc sometimes need a full restart for it to work. thats the only pain with it. 

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Peripherals

Whoops my bad, I didn't see that peripherals was a category. Thanks

Just a standard Dualshock 4 that I usually connect via Bluetooth.

If a game doesn't natively support it, opening up DS4Windows always solves the issue.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (got an xbox one controller for backup) and Logitech G29 when driving is involved.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

I use the new Xbox controller that comes with the series x. Microsoft had them on sale a few weeks ago for $40 shipped brand new. Well worth the price to me 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I got a power a licensed (wired only) controler, and It was worth the 15$ for it. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I use both the 8bitdo sn30 Pro + and the xbox one gamepad, I switch depending on my mood and my carpal tunnel :D

On 12/7/2020 at 4:32 PM, TrueAzurock said:

New wired Xbox 360 controllers are now rare / non-existent new. Normally I would use these on PC for general use. I actually have a spare one (unopened) since the masses were going wireless with all its negative health implications, and I wanted to avoid that nonsense..

Anyway, because wired Xbox 360 controllers are rarer than rare new, I looked for an alternative a while ago, from a third-party manufacturer (or rebrander?). The YouTube shills pointed me to EasySMX. I gave this model a try: EasySMX ESM-9100. It can work on PC and PS3 (you can change modes).

It works well. It feels good. Locally I can only buy some cheap Logitech garbage with no rumble motors integrated for this money (when the Logitech is on sale). This one has them.

I bought 2 of them (with my own money). They haven't given me trouble but I haven't used them much, to be honest.

EasySMX also offer a model that looks just like the xbox360 controller and that model DID give me trouble (analogue stick). Interestingly that model was not branded EasySMX (it had no brand at all). Yet they were selling it on their official AliExpress store.

I would avoid that one. I was refunded for that one after providing proof of fault. That unbranded look-alike xbox360 wired controller was garbage.

ps4 controller or anything I can get my hands on

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Tried my PS4 Controller, but I was disappointed that some games needed emulation and I had the feeling that it introduced Input Lag. On top mapping was not great sometimes. Bought than a Xbox One Controller and didn't have any issues since than. Instant Recognition and all mapping work perfectly.

CPU: i5 8400 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ | MB: ASRock Z370M Pro4 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12S | CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500 | KB: Logitech G213 PRODIGY | MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO | MONITOR: LG 27GL850‑B

ps3 controller, works like a charm. 

for the livingroom pc I have the 8bitdo snes controller and it also works really well. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD