Iphone 12 screen burn in

I think there is a issue with screen burn in on the iPhone 12. I am a heavy user with my phone, but I have only had it for a week and there is already a issue with screen burn in. I can already see the  bottom icons of social media that i use a lot. I have heard of the other issues with the iPhone screens, but it was apparent when I updated my phone to a beta software. 3 weeks into a phone should not have these issues, three years is okay. i spent way to much money to see a plus on the bottom of my screen

Just now, McJDT said:

I think there is a issue with screen burn in on the iPhone 12. I am a heavy user with my phone, but I have only had it for a week and there is already a issue with screen burn in. I can already see the  bottom icons of social media that i use a lot. I have heard of the other issues with the iPhone screens, but it was apparent when I updated my phone to a beta software. 3 weeks into a phone should not have these issues, three years is okay. i spent way to much money to see a plus on the bottom of my screen

As far as I know newer OLEDs have basically solved the old burn in issues aside from fringe extreme use cases were something is on the screen 24/7 like with a store display or a menu item in a game or a TV icon. 

5 minutes ago, McJDT said:

Can you show a photo of it? Burn in on a 3 week old device is very uncommon. I suspect it might not actually be burn in and more to do with some graphical glitching in the software itself. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, doomsriker said:

As far as I know newer OLEDs have basically solved the old burn in issues aside from fringe extreme use cases were something is on the screen 24/7 like with a store display or a menu item in a game or a TV icon. 

I wish that was the case but i can obviously see it

Have you tried rebooting the phone? I have seen what looks like screen burn that turned out to be just a software glitch like mentioned by someone else above, for me it was fixed by a reboot.

This sound more like a defect. Get it repaired under warranty since the 12 is so new. OLED's only burn in after years of constant use and not in 3 weeks 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

11 hours ago, McJDT said:

Its hard to see in the photos, but it is more obvious in real life

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S5fsJxMRBPiB1Q9P6

is that on the home screen with the notifications centre pulled down or something simialr? The UI is supposed to look like frosted glass so you'll see the icons behind the effect

This is my keyboard and you can see the icons behind it:

4C27635E-0C06-4E0D-B690-1B52795E49C9.jpeg

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?