What tech would you like to see moving forward to 2021

oldSock

a lot of people are working on new tech all the time.

If you are like myself you like to know more on how the brain works and how it can interact in new ways.

So i am figuring some stuff out both hardware and software side of things in my spare time.

i was wondering what "new" tech got your interest. 

my two mentions will be: 

Brain–computer interface

Image Reconstruction From Human Brain Waves in Real-Time // good read actually google this one.

Anyhow what new stuff would you like to see...

Ryzen 5000 in stock. 

4 hours ago, fpo said:

Ryzen 5000 in stock. 

I could go for RTX 3000 series in stock as well.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

11 hours ago, oldSock said:

a lot of people are working on new tech all the time.

If you are like myself you like to know more on how the brain works and how it can interact in new ways.

So i am figuring some stuff out both hardware and software side of things in my spare time.

my two mentions will be: 

Brain–computer interface

Image Reconstruction From Human Brain Waves in Real-Time // good read actually google this one.

Anyhow what new stuff would you like to see...

Maybe an electric car that can go further than 10 miles and doesn't take hours to charge? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

The end of militant and obsessive fans that try to shit on anything that is not their preferred choice and degrade people for not thinking the same as them.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

The end of militant and obsessive fans that try to shit on anything that is not their preferred choice and degrade people for not thinking the same as them.

Fanbots. I agree.

17 hours ago, oldSock said:

Image Reconstruction From Human Brain Waves in Real-Time // good read actually google this one

They ain't getting my brain waves thats for sure lol.

smart glasses/ sunglasses or contacts

To monitor speed, forcast, etc while biking.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

SSDs that don't wear out when writing to them.

That's a big issue,lots of SSDs die before the modern hard drive because of it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

21 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Let's see... I have yet to have a single SSD die on me, but I have experienced 3 HDD failures in the last 6 years. Latest failure is a clicking Seagate 3TB drive. This drive has been outlasted by 3 SSD's.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Just now, Sarra said:

Let's see... I have yet to have a single SSD die on me, but I have experienced 3 HDD failures in the last 6 years. Latest failure is a clicking Seagate 3TB drive. This drive has been outlasted by 3 SSD's.

Consumer Seagate drives are fairly low quality,they are also the bread and butter of the data recovery industry.

I have a 9 years old Samsung Spinpoint drive,a 5 years old Western Digital drive,and a 14 years old Toshiba drive.

They are all working.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

9 hours ago, Vishera said:

Consumer Seagate drives are fairly low quality,they are also the bread and butter of the data recovery industry.

I have a 9 years old Samsung Spinpoint drive,a 5 years old Western Digital drive,and a 14 years old Toshiba drive.

They are all working.

I've got a 2TB Seagate drive that has a ton of hours on it and it's working fine.

I suspect I will be investing in NAS drives soonish... Though I might be going SSD only in my main rig.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 12/6/2020 at 11:27 PM, oldSock said:

1) infinitely-rechargeable batteries with no degradation

2) infinitely rewritable storage with no degradation

3) battery-friendly displays that can be seen in the sun like paper. Full colour. Great refresh rates suitable for video too.

4) rewritable electronic paper (feed it in the printer again to print again). Also write on it using 'battery-pen'. Full colour. No ink used. Durable. Inexpensive. Electric charge / heat / magnetism changes the ink coloour.

5) free energy

I'm absolutely convinced some of these already exist but would shake things up far, far, far too much for a select few profiting on our endless consumption and waste.

I like what Apple did with the smaller iPhone, i hope that more of the premium phone manufacturers put out smaller options for people like me who primarily just use their phone for calls, txt and navigation.  It's nice to have all of the other smart functionality there if i need it but i don't need a massive supercomputer in my pocket 24/7. 

This is a pretty weird one, but nonetheless---

A widely adopted standard for server-style semi-passive CPU and GPU cooling on consumer desktops, Mac Pro style but without the Apple exclusivity.

With standard electronics i would like better cooling solutions that are oil base and not water base as oil don't evaporate and can be none conductive just to help things along a bit. A nice to add will be a supper heat conductor to get hot away from the CPU that can survive with basic maintenance "repairable" as they are simply wasting materials in the landfills.

Above all i would like to see DELL bring out wall mountable screens as their offerings in my country CANNOT be wall-mounted unless you fork out a special adapter that cost more then the screen itself. It is just selfish of DELL to pull this trick on their customers and really there should be a law against companies f_ck!ng us over with every tiny little thing. Why only allow for wall mounts on their premium models? if i wanted an expensive screen i would not even consider a dell. Sorry for the rant but DELL is starting to p!ss me off to the point that i will not consider them on a large rollout or office refurbishment/upgrade. My customers pay a lot of money and honestly many of them don't want to see dell anymore anyway. Because of these stupid unwarranted limitations on what is considered "office equipment". But Dell will learn this the hard way when their sales start to drop. 

In short don't f_ck!ng kneecap us all the f_ck!ng time we put money in your greedy corporate wallet DELL. But i digress...

In short for 2021 i would like to see wall-mounts become the standard for all screens of all price ranges. It makes adopting these screens easy and easy to role out. I would also like to see a law on factory standards where companies MUST share compatibility to stop wasting so much resources. Propitiatory hardware is BS and it should be outlawed for commercial use but i do understand the need for it in high security situations where custom hardware can add a layer of security. But overall if my client want to swap out a board they should be able to do so without having to buy a new tower. 

More and more of my customers demand I build them towers with standard hardware and it is at the point now that even laptops are being pushed out because of their repair limitations on office models "mostly" not gaming stuff.  

On 12/7/2020 at 6:57 AM, Vishera said:

I just found out that there is a technology that is very close to it - 3D Xpoint,and all Optane drives are made of 3D Xpoint modules,

Look at this Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/consumer-ssds/optane-ssd-9-series/optane-ssd-905p-series/905p-380gb-m-2-110mm-20nm.html

No NAND flash here,look at that 6.93PB written!,consumer SSDs are typically 300TBW - 1000TBW written.

3D Xpoint looks amazing.