Cpu and Motherboard

Jeevan01

Budget (including currency): >2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Looking into the Ryzen 5600x and 5800x. The pc will be used for gaming and work. For work related programs I would be using solid works, auto cad 3d etc. 

My monitor is a 1440p 165hz and want to maximize this. 

For motherboards I was looking at:

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

or

Gigabyte x570 Aorus master 

or

MSI MPG X570 gaming pro carbon wifi.

Essentially my question is what is the best choice for cpu, and what motherboard would be the best match. Does not need to be one listed. 

honestly it's up to you whether or not you need the two extra cores.

I recommend going with a b550-f, there's little to no reason to go x-570 anymore

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

5 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I recommend going with a b550-f, there's little to no reason to go x-570 anymore

This might be a dumb question but when searching up the Strix B550-F is stays with ddr4-3200. Is that the maximum speed of the Ram sticks the motherboard can support? and is the Strix variant the better one? because I became across a MSI and Asus Tuff one. 

10 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Also, do you think the extra 200 is worth the additional 2 cores and 4 threads. Essentially at the same time im trying to future proof my machine as much as possible. 

19 minutes ago, Jeevan01 said:

This might be a dumb question but when searching up the Strix B550-F is stays with ddr4-3200. Is that the maximum speed of the Ram sticks the motherboard can support? and is the Strix variant the better one? because I became across a MSI and Asus Tuff one. 

All the AM4 boards technically only support 3200, since above that is an "overclock". However, AMD doesn't void your warranty for it afaik, and XMP "overclocking" is basically common practice at this point.

Interestingly, a lot of B550 boards support higher memory speeds than X570 thanks to using newer and more mature PCB designs vs X570s that were designed right at launch.

30 minutes ago, Jeevan01 said:

do you think the extra 200 is worth the additional 2 cores and 4 threads.

no I don't, the 5600x will suit your needs now, and if in the future you need more power you can always upgrade to the 5900, or 5950x

btw the board supports up to 5100mhz "OC" which just means it's outside of the spec

AMD blackout rig

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

no I don't, the 5600x will suit your needs now, and if in the future you need more power you can always upgrade to the 5900, or 5950x

btw the board supports up to 5100mhz "OC" which just means it's outside of the spec

gotcha, follow up question supper sorry. What are your thoughts on a Kraken Z73 cpu cooler? or like a water cooled cpu cooler in compression to a traditional out of box that come with the risen chips. Also just making sure as long as I have ddr4 ram that is clocked at 3200 they should work with a Strix b550-f right?  

Follow up, what do you recommend for a power supply unit if my plane is to try and get ahold of a RTX series graphics card?
Super appreciate your help!

2 hours ago, Jeevan01 said:

What are your thoughts on a Kraken Z73 cpu cooler? or like a water cooled cpu cooler in compression to a traditional out of box that come with the risen chips. Also just making sure as long as I have ddr4 ram that is clocked at 3200 they should work with a Strix b550-f right?  

I personally don't like AIO's and think they are a waste of money, but I also don't like rgb, other than white accent lighting. The z73 is in no way a bad CPU cooler, it's just expensive.

as for ram, just about anything you put in that motherboard that's ddr4 will work, 2133,3200,3600,4000 whatever, I recommend a good kit of 3200 cl14. 

2 hours ago, Jeevan01 said:

Follow up, what do you recommend for a power supply unit if my plane is to try and get ahold of a RTX series graphics card?
Super appreciate your help!

something like a corsair rmx, or EVGA supernova works, just make sure it's a tier A 650w at least. 

AMD blackout rig

14 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

what are your thoughts on a gigabyte b550 version d. I just like it because of the modern look. and It would fit my theme of a white Lina li o11 dynamic case white, with skill g royal silver ram (3200 cl 16). 

8 hours ago, Jeevan01 said:

what are your thoughts on a gigabyte b550 version d. I just like it because of the modern look. and It would fit my theme of a white Lina li o11 dynamic case white, with skill g royal silver ram (3200 cl 16). 

It's a solid board, good vrms, decent heatsink.

AMD blackout rig

5 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

It's a solid board, good vrms, decent heatsink.

I have a good deal available for a Asus Prime X570-Pro, what do you think overall for performance. And plus it goes with my theme