Bios doesn't see HDD but windows bootable does.

ytho

Laptop (Asus F555L) has a 100% working HDD. Checked by connecting it to another PC and with Seatools. Checked all the cables too.
This laptop came to my from my sister because it wasnt working. 
First off, i tried to turn it on but no windows no luck. 
So i tried to install windows on it but no gpt no luck.

So, with diskpart  i did exactly:
list disk (and it was there, 1TB HDD)
select disk 1
clean
create partition primary
list partition

select partition 1
format fs=ntfs quick

list disk
select disk 1
convert gpt
and then it said that i can't convert a CD-ROM 🤨

Never seen a CD-ROM with 1TB of storage but sure, aight.
So i turned on legacy mode in bios and realised that HDD was invisible in bios. Just CD-ROM there.
Well, i've seen this happening a couple of times, maybe after installing windows i'll be able to just choose windows bootable menager.

So i've diskparted again, this time just to create a clean disk with ntfs (all the steps from 1.)
Everything worked, and i was able to install windows.
After installing windows, i still wasnt able to boot from this hdd and windows took only 10gb of storage which is odd.

So.. All i have now is a HDD invisible in bios, but visible in windows bootable.

Any ideas?

EDIT
Now when trying to "clean" in diskpart it says "diskpart has encountered an error ""device which does not exist"" 😅

You could connect it back to that other PC of yours and try installing Windows on the drive through that. Maybe then it'll come back around and show up in the BIOS of your laptop.

I'm not sure if that will actually change anything, but sometimes hardware issues don't make any sense.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

You could connect it back to that other PC of yours and try installing Windows on the drive through that.

I'm not sure if that will actually change anything, but sometimes hardware issues don't make any sense.

I love ideas like that! I'll try that right now.