Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a long lasting problem with my computer. When playing a game (not every time) a buzzing electrical-like sound is being produced by a part of the computer. I think that the problem is my GPU, a Zotac 2060 SUPER. I sent the card back to the shop I bought from and they didn't find a problem. Then a week later the received my motherboard which also was alright according to them. My PSU is a Gigabyte B700h 80+ Bronze which I bought for my old 1050 ti (I sold it, so I cannot test the system with it). The thing that's been bothering me though is that when I stopped my cards fan the pc froze. Could it be the GPU, the Motherboard or the PSU? If none of them, what do you think could be the cause? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your mobo and CPU? To me it sounds like either there is insufficient airflow either for the GPU or in general, or the GPU is somehow damages. A less likely cause could be that either the PSU is damaged or is not powerful enough, but thats highly unlikely. 

My current build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: Gigabyte ga-ab350-gaming 3

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Windforce OC (Rev 2.0)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x8GB) 3000MHz

Storage: 1TB HDD, 500GB SSD

Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80 Plus Gold

Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MRDotted said:

What is your mobo and CPU? To me it sounds like either there is insufficient airflow either for the GPU or in general, or the GPU is somehow damages. A less likely cause could be that either the PSU is damaged or is not powerful enough, but thats highly unlikely. 

The motherboard is an Asus TUF B450-Pro Gaming and the CPU is a Ryzen 2600. Only other thing I haven't mentoned is that I have corsair vengenace clocked at 3200mhz (overclocked from 3000mhz) and a 4TB HDD and 128GB SSD. The case is a 280x from corsair which has ok airflow

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

The motherboard is an Asus TUF B450-Pro Gaming and the CPU is a Ryzen 2600. Only other thing I haven't mentoned is that I have corsair vengenace clocked at 3200mhz (overclocked from 3000mhz) and a 4TB HDD and 128GB SSD. The case is a 280x from corsair which has ok airflow

you can try running the ram at default settings and see if that improves something but I doubt it... 

 

 

really, you need another gpu to try out... best with similar power requirements as your current one... it's the only way, you need to test out parts... 

if it still happens with another gpu, next thing is motherboard or psu... and that's about it, one of these parts is likely to cause your issues. 

 

 

of course you could start with the psu, because usually it's psu tbh... 

 

 

ARTPOP

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

you can try running the ram at default settings and see if that improves something but I doubt it... 

 

 

really, you need another gpu to try out... best with similar power requirements as your current one... it's the only way, you need to test out parts... 

if it still happens with another gpu, next thing is motherboard or psu... and that's about it, one of these parts is likely to cause your issues. 

 

 

of course you could start with the psu, because usually it's psu tbh... 

 

 

I sent it to the shop I had bought it from and they tested it with a GPU and with an APU (the motheroard) again the same thing with the GPU they used another system with it. Only thing I haven't sent back because I didn't think it was worth using the warranty (its not that good of a unit) is the psu. Thinking about buying a Seasonic GX650 I think its called. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×