CGNAT/Double NAT-like issues but have a normal public ip address

drvwn

Hey,

Having a similar issue to this one and having no luck and am trying to source some advice, I have been through the networking gauntlet as you have and have tried everything you did and port forwarding is not working at all on my setup for no reason. Did you ever find a solution to your problem, I also am not having Double-NATing/ CGNATing issue and it is something else.

*EDIT*

Okay so I didn't mean to tag this on an old topic however I am going to run down my whole setup and the troubleshooting I have tried and maybe someone on here might have some advice:

ISP: Cox

Modem: Netgear CM1000 (I provided)

Router: Netgear AX5200 (I provided)

-Ethernet port running to my PC and my roommate's PC.

My issue is that I am trying to port forward certain ports for the new Call of Duty to my PC so that my NAT type can be open and the game servers can connect to my PC. I have set up a static IP to my PC and entered the rules in correctly (triple-checked). I have noticed that I cannot port forward any port that I have tried.

Things I Have tried troubleshooting:

- Using multiple routers, one netgear, one araknis, and another netgear (with Openwrt flashed, I used some of the additional settings and to no avail)

- Calling my ISP and they do not block the ports I need and they do not use CGNAT, I have my own Public IP address (72 . x. x. x) and it is not shared (also no Double NAT their is one one router)

- Turning on UPnp and without UPnp, to no avail 

- Setting up a DMZ server on my PC through the router (no ports opened)

- Tried multiple static IP addresses on my computer, still nothing

- My computers firewall has been turned off and on, as well as I opened the specified ports with rules I created for Inbound traffic in the Windows firewall settings.

- Using the 

Interesting Things I have noticed:

- When using an online port checker, my ports are closed, however when I use an locally-dowloaded port tester it says the ports are open.

- The online port checker shows up testing my ports in my router in the logs of the router, but still says the ports are closed.

- When I test my connection on the Xbox app, (3074 is the xbox designated port, which is also the one im trying to forward) it says I have an open NAT type but I am having Teredo connectivity issues to the server. 

- When I use  https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=3074 to probe that port it shows up with Stealth meaning the ports are open on my PC but not on my router (although they are)

TL:DR - My situation is playing out similar to a CGNAT or double nat type situation, however there is one modem and one router involved and I have my own public IP address. I have been at this issue since the game came out about a week ago and I have not made a single bit of progress which is quite frustrating.

In reference to this topic: <added by Staff>

-= Comment split to its own Topic =-

Please do not necro/revive old topics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER