Controlling every single led on ARGB fans.

taskiran

Greetings,

My new pc case and 3 extra fans arrived today, (finally lol) so I got 9 ARGB fans right now. They are 6 pin fans each, going to a controller with a remote, and than the controller to the mother board with 3 and 4 pin connectors. While I love RGB when its not heavyly used, The color in the middle of them irritates me, its just too much. How can I do so there are only rgb lights in the corners of the fan and not coming from the middle part? Is there a software that allows me to select which argb leds will function and which won't? (Or maybe turn the colors in the middle ones to black or smth)

Any help is appericiated. In case you are curious which case and fans; 
https://gamepowerpc.com/gaming-case/warcry

No, unless they are individually addressable, which I'm sure would be pointed out in the marketing material.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

The fans are ARGB which means adressable, but as far as I know, you can turn off ARGB strips with making their color black. Maybe this could help somehow?

9 hours ago, taskiran said:

Greetings,

My new pc case and 3 extra fans arrived today, (finally lol) so I got 9 ARGB fans right now. They are 6 pin fans each, going to a controller with a remote, and than the controller to the mother board with 3 and 4 pin connectors. While I love RGB when its not heavyly used, The color in the middle of them irritates me, its just too much. How can I do so there are only rgb lights in the corners of the fan and not coming from the middle part? Is there a software that allows me to select which argb leds will function and which won't? (Or maybe turn the colors in the middle ones to black or smth)

Any help is appericiated. In case you are curious which case and fans; 
https://gamepowerpc.com/gaming-case/warcry

no it cant. unless the fan has 2 zones and 2 different cables for each zone. you could probably with an arduino and program witch leds to be off.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

no it cant. unless the fan has 2 zones and 2 different cables for each zone. you could probably with an arduino and program witch leds to be off.

I see, would painting the fan fins to black help?

5 hours ago, taskiran said:

I see, would painting the fan fins to black help?

its never recommend to paint fan fins. but if its your lest ditch effort then i guess. if it dose not turn out you have to live with it or buy new fans i guess.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

its never recommend to paint fan fins. but if its your lest ditch effort then i guess. if it dose not turn out you have to live with it or buy new fans i guess.

I see. So there is no way I can fix this thing then?

8 hours ago, taskiran said:

I see. So there is no way I can fix this thing then?

buy new fans, live with what you got, or paint it like you said. or learn to program and an Arduino and revers engineer the plugs on the fan.

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

buy new fans, live with what you got, or paint it like you said. or learn to program and an Arduino and revers engineer the plugs on the fan.

I see, thats bad news then. Thank you for your help!

4 minutes ago, taskiran said:

I see, thats bad news then. Thank you for your help!

ya alot of people have the idea that they buy a case with rgb with it and that the included fans do all these amazing things when really it there to incress the cost of the case and to say "it has rgb" 99% of the included stuff it proprietary, cheap and meant to be replaced. just adds more fuel to the rgb dumpster fire...

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya alot of people have the idea that they buy a case with rgb with it and that the included fans do all these amazing things when really it there to incress the cost of the case and to say "it has rgb" 99% of the included stuff it proprietary, cheap and meant to be replaced. just adds more fuel to the rgb dumpster fire...

Yeah, seems like it. The original design of this case is from Lian Li, a premium case manufacterer. However, lian li doesn't exist in my country officially so there are only imported ones. Only one exist on sale in my country for this design from Lian Li, which was 2900$ comparing to 300$ to this case. So there was no point for me to buy that case instead of this one.

3 minutes ago, taskiran said:

Yeah, seems like it. The original design of this case is from Lian Li, a premium case manufacterer. However, lian li doesn't exist in my country officially so there are only imported ones. Only one exist on sale in my country for this design from Lian Li, which was 2900$ comparing to 300$ to this case. So there was no point for me to buy that case instead of this one.

ya  seen this case here and there but it was more expensive then the lian li 011 dynamic (in Canada) so what was the point. it dose have a better viewing angle and an 120mm in the back. but lianli got the feedback and finally released there xl witch address the 120mm fan in the back and was taller so the bottom fans didn't block your usb headers.

ops

Edited by thrasher_565