PC won’t boot after accidentally disconnecting SSD while PC is on

MHN452

So I have an old Dell Inspiron 620 (I think that’s the name) that I just installed an SSD in. It had two SATA cables, one connected to the SSD, and one to nothing. I accidentally removed the one connected to the SSD while the PC was still on, so I reconnected it and turned off the PC. When I tried booting up, nothing would show up on the screen, though the monitor indicator light would stop blinking and stay on, indicating input from the PC, but after a second it would go into power saving mode. I checked the SSD on my main rig and it seemed fine, there were no errors. Anyone know how to get around the issue with the Dell?

28 minutes ago, MHN452 said:

nothing would show up on the screen

Nothing in the sense of not even be able to get into BIOS ?

1 minute ago, Sarius23 said:

Nothing in the sense of not even be able to get into BIOS ?

Nope... It should show the Dell logo, but it doesn’t now...

tbh if you dont even get into bios im kinda out of ideas, sry.

I guess you have tried checking all other cables (also power) so nothing is loose ? Also in my experience, after shorting something, the pc sometimes won´t start before it was completely disconnected and drained form all power. That means pullign the plug and maybe even press the power button for 10 sec.

the only time my pc wouldn´t show anything anymore was when my gpu broke but I can´t imagine how that could have happened in your case after disconnecting the boot drive.

1 minute ago, Sarius23 said:

tbh if you dont even get into bios im kinda out of ideas, sry.

I guess you have tried checking all other cables (also power) so nothing is loose ? Also  in my experience, after shorting something, the pc somtimes won´t start before it was completely disconnected and drained form all power. that means pullign the plug and maybe even press the power button for 10 sec.

the only time my pc wouldn´t show anything anymore was when my gpu broke but I can´t imagine how that could have happened in your case after disconnecting the boot drive.

Ahh I see I see... I’ll try leaving it unplugged and see what happens. Thanks for the info