Case fan layout opinions

PhilGoodInc

Hey all, just wanted some opinions on case fan layout ive been running on my system. Not having issues at all, but after a suggestion from a friend, Im questioning if it could be better.

I have 3 Noctua A14 PWM case fans, 2 intake at the front, 1 exhaust in the rear. I am running a Noctua D15 LTT chromax black CPU cooler.

As you can see in the attached photos, there is basically 1cm (half an inch) between the rear exhaust fan and the rear CPU cooler fan.

My friend suggested the fan right behind my Noctua D15 is basically not doing anything and I may be better off moving it to the front of the case for an extra intake and not having a fan there since the cpu cooler is moving a lot of air to the rear exhaust. Case is a phanteks P600S.

Just wondering what you guys think? Leave it as is or move it to the front?

PXL_20201205_135231109_MP.jpg

PXL_20201205_134930722_MP.jpg

That sounds like an awful idea. I would gain absolutely nothing out of that.

The point of my enquiry is to see if moving the rear exhaust fan to the front as in intake will be better than it is now.

Yes. Its not doing anything right now except making turbulence. Either use the exhaust fan as is, or remove it and use the one on the cooler to push out. Are you asking about mounting the fan at the front of the case or on the cooler itself? More air in the chassis is good, you would probably see more gains from having it up front than on the cooler. But this is something you would have to try on your own. A lot of this is about experimentation. Guys can point you in the right direction, in the end its all trial and error. No point in ramming a ton of air through the cooler if you cant keep it supplied with fresh air to begin with. Especially when the GPU is running.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

16 hours ago, freeagent said:

Are you asking about mounting the fan at the front of the case or on the cooler itself? 

Yeah I was asking about moving the case fan to the front of the case.

So instead of 2 intake and 1 exhaust it would be 3 intake fans and use cpu fans as the exhaust.

That would work 👌🏻

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143