Any of these "budget" cards any good? - Palit, Inno3d, Gainward, PYN?

Cris.py

Hello,

after the amazing launch of Nvidia cards I'm socuting for 3070 or 3060ti and noticed that locally, there is a lot of cards which are not only available, but are cheaper than "known" brands. These are:

• Palit
  • Gainward
  • Inno3D
  • PYN

I have hard time finding any useful reviews on these, at least in comparrison to known brands like MSI, Asus, Evga, Gigabyte,... so are these worth it? is cooling ok? sound? Will GPU tier list be updated for 3000 anytime soon?

@Cris.py I personally only know about PYN, Palit and Inno3D. they are just gpus not the best but not the worst nor a scam. Cooling and sound are find but for Gainward not really sure.

10 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@Cris.py I personally only know about PYN, Palit and Inno3D. they are just gpus not the best but not the worst nor a scam. Cooling and sound are find but for Gainward not really sure.

"not the worst" is not bad for 50e cheaper... I was just afraid they are bad quality as it seems noone wants them (in stock in multiple stores) 

10 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@Cris.pythey are pretty underrated brands lIMO like galax and colourful. 

colorful has some cool stuff (f.e. screen on gpu) :)

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Pailt make all the quadro cards for nvidiot so there pretty trust worthy 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

they'll generally run hotter, louder and boost a bit less... 

Personally wouldn't buy such a card as it meant I'd need to put an expensive aftermarket cooler on it afterwards. but if you don't care about performance* / noise much it's fine I guess, they aren't a 'scam' or anything, just cheaper, alledgely lower quality parts being used. 

*yes temps directly relate to performance with gpus / cpus

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

OP there is nothing wrong with them whatsoever. Most people here have no clue and just fanboy the main big companies but there is nothing wrong with any of the ones that you listed if you just want a graphics card and don't care. Mine is from Palit and has been working with zero problems for 4 years.

They are all fine. Just not the most popular brands. Palit also own Gainward. 😉

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

they'll generally run hotter, louder and boost a bit less... 

Personally wouldn't buy such a card as it meant I'd need to put an expensive aftermarket cooler on it afterwards. but if you don't care about performance* / noise much it's fine I guess, they aren't a 'scam' or anything, just cheaper, alledgely lower quality parts being used. 

*yes temps directly relate to performance with gpus / cpus

would 70-100usd price difference for gigabyte windoforce really make that much of a difference? 

I mean, I noticed Palit has the same cooler for 3060ti and 3090 so it can't be that bad for lower cards can it? 

Palit and inno3d are names I’ve heard before.  Palit has made some good and bad cards like every other manufacturer.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.