What point of buying b550 if it's last AM4

For a new pc builder if I buy b550 and 5000 series cpu (eg.5600x) will my b550 support future generations of CPUs
 (why do I care that AM4 supports 4 generations if I'm only gonna use zen 3) 
Should I not buy b450, as it will get new bios.
Maybe it's a stupid question.

All I wanna know is will b550 support (AM4) future generation eg. Zen 4 maybe

27 minutes ago, AKGin said:

No, but it does support PCIe 4.0, which is why I'd use B550 over B450 for Zen 3. From everything I've read so far Zen 3 is the last AM4 CPU, Zen 4 will use something else (AM5?).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

19 minutes ago, AKGin said:

will my b550 support future generations of CPU

Since the next generation socket will use DDR5 it is unlikely, although probably not impossible.

22 minutes ago, AKGin said:

Should I not buy b450, as it will get new bios

You can... if you don't wanna fork out for a B550. My B450 board have BIOS for Zen3

23 minutes ago, AKGin said:

We can't know until AMD makes an official statement. If you need a PC now a B550 and Zen3 will last you years but if you just want the latest and greatest then you probably have a X570 already. We are at an end for AM4, it is inevitable but it still will be a while until DDR5 and a new socket comes out so if I needed a PC now I would buy it, not wait for AM5(?). They will still probably make refreshes of Zen3 and they will support AM4.

If you are asking should you buy a PC now or wait until AM5... It will still be a good while until it that is available so it depends on how long you want to wait.....

And the new platform will likely come with teething issues anyway like they often do, it's probably better to get the last of a refined platform rather than the first of a new thing... 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

the thing is you will not upgrade cpu from ryzen 5000 anyway , so next gen is non of your business

Besides teething issues, the new platform will only come with incremental stuff, like support for DDR5 and USB 4 (thunderbolt).

If you don't even care about pci-e 4.0, you're not the customer that will rush to buy DDR5 memory that (at least in the first year or two, because for a while DDR4 was also just 2133-2400 Mhz and expensive, until it got mass produced) will only bring you 5-10% performance increase over DDR4 , and you won't be the customer that will suddenly need thunderbolt and 10g usb.

I suspect there will be another Ryzen launched on AM4, because it would be fairly easy for AMD to make the new ryzen support both ddr4 and ddr5 - the usb 4 and thunderbolt is a bit trickier as that also depends on chipset and how the video is passed from video card through thunderbolt and all that crap.

So B550 and x570 will still have quite some life in them, and also years from now you'll be able to find used ryzen 3xxx and 5xxx processors to upgrade to, if you don't buy the absolute fastest cpu