New PC wont boot past bios and has green lines all over the screen

DeluxeChipmunk

hi all, just got a new pc today from IBuyPower, unfortunately their tech support isnt open on weekends so reddit is the go to for 24/7 support.

my pc boots to bios and has green lines all over the screen. then after i exit bios, all my peripherals turn off, and monitor goes black, and nothing happens afterwards. the pc is still on and running but it just stays like that with a black screen until i turn it off. and like i said, the green lines/marks all over the screen is very odd. Picture for reference. 

ive taken the ram out and put it back in, check as many cables as i can see. my x570 aorus elite wifi board was running bios F31e, i tried downgrading to the last stable version of F30, but still same issue.

SPECS

• 3070 FTW3

• ryzen 5600x

• 800w PSU

• X570 Aorus Elite Wifi Motherboard

• iBuyPower 240mm CPU cooler

PHOTO-2020-12-05-00-10-55.jpg

Do you have another graphics card? Try putting that in if you do. Also try using another monitor or TV, but it's probably a GPU issue. I'd just wait another two days and call iBuyPower, they can probably replace it

4 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Do you have another graphics card? Try putting that in if you do. Also try using another monitor or TV, but it's probably a GPU issue. I'd just wait another two days and call iBuyPower, they can probably replace it

i have an old gtx 10 series card i can try and put in. ill give it a try in the morning, thanks for the suggestion!

• 3 weeks later...

@DeluxeChipmunk I'm having the exactly same issue with a GPU Gigabyte 3070, I'm not seeing the green lines in the bios (ASUS Prime Z390) but getting into Windows the same green lines appear. I'm getting blank screens after updating the Nvidia drivers. And the 43 code error in the device manager. What happened with your system? Did you get support to fix it? 

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 10:24 PM, Mark GR said:

@DeluxeChipmunk I'm having the exactly same issue with a GPU Gigabyte 3070, I'm not seeing the green lines in the bios (ASUS Prime Z390) but getting into Windows the same green lines appear. I'm getting blank screens after updating the Nvidia drivers. And the 43 code error in the device manager. What happened with your system? Did you get support to fix it? 

Did you end up finding a solution to this problem? I’m having the same issue my computer is from I buy power aswell and I’ve called them and got no answer. 

3 minutes ago, Zachco said:

I’m having the same issue my computer is from I buy power aswell and I’ve called them and got no answer. 

This obviously is a hardware error, if that helps.

I edit my posts more often than not