Fastest Dark Hero ram config 2x16gb tuned or 4x8gb tuned?

Hello All,

Dark Hero on order. Need to buy ram. I'm trying to find the optimal choice. However, I've watched both Gamer Nexus & Hardware Unboxed videos on best ram for Ryzen 5000 and tbh I'm still unsure.  

I would like to have 32GB of ram. I dont believe I will ever need more because Ive been on 16gb for years and only occasionally get close to full usage. 

Heres what I understand so far:

The Dark Hero is daisy chain so I believe 2x16gb (dual rank sticks) are going to clock faster than 4x8gb (single rank sticks but when configured like this they all run at dual rank). This is due to having the benefit of only using 2 slots. Using 4 slots has the penalty of slowing down the ram due to extra latency from the added/unequal ram traces to the cpu. So even though 4x8gb is dual rank it will run at slower stable speeds than 2x16gb. Is this actually true?  

I saw in the Hardware Unboxed video the higher performers were actually single rank tuned 2x8gb sticks. Practically equal to 4x8gb dual rank however. So, assuming 2x16gb clocks higher than 4x4gb, is the fastest config 2x16gb tuned? Why in all the mem graphs do they not include tuned dual-rank numbers?

What ram should I grab?

2x16gb 3600 cl16 overclocked to 3800 cl16 (probably cheaper)

2x16gb 3800 cl16

2x16gb 4000 cl16 (not sure if Dark Hero can handle 2000 1:1 mem fabric)

4x8gb...?

Links to suggested ram are appreciated.

Thank you for any advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Same exact dilema here. Looking for 4000mhz low latency ram (I assume Dark Hero can run 2000 1:1 mem fabric - Ryzen 9 5900x). My prefernce would be 4x8gb sticks, but if it's daisy chained 2x16gb should work bewtter in theory. This is in contradiction to a video from Nexusgamer, testing Ryzen zen3... new Ryzen tested wit higher FPS with 4 sticks.

Hope someone can clear this up. Thanks in advance!