Setting Up Vision Z490 G (First Build)

239Guy

I need help figuring out how to setup new build with a Unlocked 10600k onto a z490 vision g, I've done some research and found that the auto voltage on the z490 boards can fry a cpu and want to configure my rig to not use auto voltage and run at a certain voltage. There's not alot about the z490 vision g on Reddit or YouTube so I don't really know what to do. Help would be appreciated :)

Specs:

Z490 Vision G ( The one that doesn't have the misspelled "Silver" on the heatsink)

10600k Unlocked I5 Cpu

Royal DDR4 16GB

1660 Super 6Gb

NVME 970 1TB

Noctua NH-U12s

Corsair RM 650W

4x Noctua 120mm

33 minutes ago, 239Guy said:

I need help figuring out how to setup new build with a Unlocked 10600k onto a z490 vision g, I've done some research and found that the auto voltage on the z490 boards can fry a cpu and want to configure my rig to not use auto voltage and run at a certain voltage. There's not alot about the z490 vision g on Reddit or YouTube so I don't really know what to do. Help would be appreciated :)

Specs:

Z490 Vision G ( The one that doesn't have the misspelled "Silver" on the heatsink)

10600k Unlocked I5 Cpu

Royal DDR4 16GB

1660 Super 6Gb

NVME 970 1TB

Noctua NH-U12s

Corsair RM 650W

4x Noctua 120mm

I haven’t heard anything about z490 board spontaneously zapping any cpu that is put into them.  One would think that sort of thing would come up.   Googling “z490 vision g review” I’m finding a ton of reviews.  Maybe there’s something there that can help.  The board appears to have Qflash plus which means you can update the bios without putting a cpu in it. 
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-VISION-G-rev-1x#kf

If this zappy auto voltage was a thing, it would likely be something the company would fix with a bios update.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I haven’t heard anything about z490 board spontaneously zapping any cpu that is put into them.  One would think that sort of thing would come up.   Googling “z490 vision g review” I’m finding a ton of reviews.  Maybe there’s something there that can help.  The board appears to have Qflash plus which means you can update the bios without putting a cpu in it. 
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-VISION-G-rev-1x#kf

If this zappy auto voltage was a thing, it would likely be something the company would fix with a bios update.

Thanks for the tips, I'll probably end up running it all stock untill I can do more research about voltages and vcore and all that other funky stuff