i6700k 4.5ghz OR 3600x / 3700x?

FairlaneGG

Budget (including currency): 6000 Skr (Swedish Krona)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing games and streaming / mostly in 1080p. and some video editing 

Other details (already have a RTX 3070 And all the ssd drives i need.

Basicly im upgrading my old z170 / i6700k currently running at 4.5ghz, with 32gb 2667mhz ddr4, but i think that CPU is a bottleneck for my graphicscard. 

im not pushing any "wowfactor" FPS and sometimes it feels slower then my old 1070ti , so my question is basicly if i would notice anything remarkable from a 3700x with 16gb DDR4 3600mhz or should i wait until the 5600x is more available?

been watching basicly ALL videos from LTT , Jaytwo and GN and i cant understand how you push those Frames.

PLZ help

dont know if this is in the right forum category?!?!?

Upgrading to a 3700X will show a big performance boost from a 6700K, and a 5600X will be even more.

I would wait until the 5600X is more available and then choose - the lack of Zen 3 chips is driving the price of Zen 2 chips up.

elephants squared

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Upgrading to a 3700X will show a big performance boost from a 6700K, and a 5600X will be even more.

I would wait until the 5600X is more available and then choose - the lack of Zen 3 chips is driving the price of Zen 2 chips up.

actually in some stores here the 3800xt and 3900xt has been lowered to the same prices as the 3800x and 3900x

2 minutes ago, FairlaneGG said:

actually in some stores here the 3800xt and 3900xt has been lowered to the same prices as the 3800x and 3900x

Which is?

elephants squared

elephants

i think they are selling the XT off and discontinuing them in the stores

12 minutes ago, FairlaneGG said:

Still overpriced - MSRP for the 3800X is $399 USD.

elephants

I would personally wait as you could probably get away with what you currently have right now for a bit more until ryzen 5000 cpus are more readily available. The 5600x would be much faster than the 6700k and also have the extra cores that are required for some of the newer games. 4 cores is fine for some games but now certain games really need at least 6 to run smoothly.