MSI RX 570 Armor 8G can't do 75hz on DVI?

57chevy

So i just upgraded to an MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC from an old GT 1030 and everything is going pretty smoothly.  I run dual Freesync monitors with HDMI inputs but the card only has one HDMi.  So I did what I was doing with the GT 1030 and used a DVI-D to HDMI connector for my second monitor.  I was able to get 75 hz on both monitors with the GT 1030 but the MSI RX570 is only outputting 60hz on the DVI-D to HDMI connection.  Did I miss a spec that said the DVI-D can only output to 60 hz or did I do something wrong? Any help is appreciated.  Yes I did DDU the old Nvidia drivers since I've seen it recommended here a lot.  Please don't recommend upgrading or second guessing my purchase.  I'm not a very crazy gamer and this card was in my price range and 50 - 70 fps is more than enough for me.  Thanks

could be due to the fact that dvi's bandwidth is beyond pitiful, so it may simply not have the capability of being able to output enough to be able to handle anything over 1080p60
so your best bet would to use one of the display ports instead since they have at least 2x as much bandwidth.

another thing, its too bad that the msi armor rx 500 series cards have 3 dp's and only 1 hdmi instead of having 2 dp's and 2 hdmi's, the sapphire nitro+ rx 500 series has 2 dp's and 2 hdmi's but since they are designed for overclocking and can pull 270w they are a bit pricey. lmao i think the nitro+ rx 580 first released for 399 when it first came out.

as long as you use the dp port instead of the dvi port, you should get past that 60hz limit (if there is one)

3 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

could be due to the fact that dvi's bandwidth is beyond pitiful, so it may simply not have the capability of being able to output enough to be able to handle anything over 1080p60
so your best bet would to use one of the display ports instead since they have at least 2x as much bandwidth.

another thing, its too bad that the msi armor rx 500 series cards have 3 dp's and only 1 hdmi instead of having 2 dp's and 2 hdmi's, the sapphire nitro+ rx 500 series has 2 dp's and 2 hdmi's but since they are designed for overclocking and can pull 270w they are a bit pricey. lmao i think the nitro+ rx 580 first released for 399 when it first came out.

as long as you use the dp port instead of the dvi port, you should get past that 60hz limit (if there is one)

I was able to get 75 hz on the DVI connection from the GT 1030 though.  It seems odd to me that this card coudn't do it.  Not really a gigantic problem since I play games on the other monitor with the 75hz HDMI connection. I guess I'll be hoping to find a late black friday deal on a decent monitor.  My current monitors only had HDMI and VGA inputs.  Thanks for the input and quick response.  

3 hours ago, GoodEnough said:

DVI is fine up to 2560x1600@60. Possibly the AMD drivers are just being dumb in this case.