5800x/5900x memory compatibility

Im soon going to get a 5800x or a 5900x but im worried my memory speeds are good enough for 4th gen ryzen as im running 3733mhz memory but the latency is cl20 which is not good but it gets the job done. Anyways will the 5800x/5900x run well or will i need a memory upgrade?

well, from what I have been hearing 3200 cl14 is still a sweet spot for 5000 series, with small gains on some titles with higher speeds with tight timings. You will probably be fine, if anything having 2 ranks per channel, either by running a 4 stick setup or 2x16Gb dual rank modules, is more important than memory speed as long as you have at least 3200. Keep in mind if you can't get your ram stable at xmp you could always downclock to 3600 and tune timings tighter if you're comfortable doing so

I've heard that some BIOS iterations are having weird memory issues but that should be mostly cleared up as long as you stick to the newer non beta releases

you can always try OCing and tightening timings. With zen 3, 4000mhz dram is possible, and depending on the ICs you can easily get a CL of 16-18 at 4k.

10 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

you can always try OCing and tightening timings. With zen 3, 4000mhz dram is possible, and depending on the ICs you can easily get a CL of 16-18 at 4k.

yes but i really dont wanna go into overclocking too complicated for me? i just wanna know if my memory is gonna run fine with a 5800x/5900x so will it do so?

You will get a performance increase but not worth the money. I have overclocked my ram from CL24 3200 to CL14 3333 on my 5900X and my R20 score went up from ~8850 to ~9000.