Need help pc is not turning on

kanye east

Hello I have a ryzen 5 2600x 1660ti and a pro4 mobo by ASROCK. I am running 1 M.2 because I am planning to get a hdd whenever the time comes but as of now I need help because It’s not booting. I have done all the steps like installing the cpu and plugging all stuff I have also tried putting my front panel connectors 2 different times and have also tried changing ram slot positions. Anyone got any tips?

Prepare for a bunch of questions...

When you hit the power button, do the fans turn on or does nothing happen?

What's the exact model of the motherboard?

Do you have a buzzer plugged in and are you getting any beeps?

How many sticks of RAM do you have?

Has the motherboard ever booted or is this a new build?

Does your 1660Ti have all of its power cables plugged in? Have you tried booting without it?

39 minutes ago, kanye east said:

Hello I have a ryzen 5 2600x 1660ti and a pro4 mobo by ASROCK. I am running 1 M.2 because I am planning to get a hdd whenever the time comes but as of now I need help because It’s not booting. I have done all the steps like installing the cpu and plugging all stuff I have also tried putting my front panel connectors 2 different times and have also tried changing ram slot positions. Anyone got any tips?

To add to the above. 

You are using the 2nd and 4th RAM slot from the CP? Should be blank, ram, blank, ram.

Does it boot to BIOS or not?

If fans light up and spin, is your monitor plugged into your GPU or Motherboard? It should be plugged into the GPU.

Double check that the PSU is in the ON position and your front PC "On" button is plugged in correctly.

Don't bother trying to boot with no GPU. Your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. It needs the GPU, this is the same reason to make sure your monitor is plugged into your GPU and not the motherboard.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, kanye east said:

If the above tips do not work and pc is totally dead then just maybe it is your power supply.

Some power supplies have a button or a power switch on them. 

Make sure the power switch on the psu is properly toggled in the ON position.

Push come to shove try a different power outlet.

16 hours ago, D_Lan said:

Prepare for a bunch of questions...

When you hit the power button, do the fans turn on or does nothing happen?

What's the exact model of the motherboard?

Do you have a buzzer plugged in and are you getting any beeps?

How many sticks of RAM do you have?

Has the motherboard ever booted or is this a new build?

Does your 1660Ti have all of its power cables plugged in? Have you tried booting without it?

Nothing happens with fans, ASROCK B450M Pro4, I dont have a buzzer, I have 2 ram sticks 1 on 2 and 1 on 4th slot, This is a new build, and I have the power cable in my 1660ti. @D_Lan

16 hours ago, Voluspa said:

To add to the above. 

You are using the 2nd and 4th RAM slot from the CP? Should be blank, ram, blank, ram.

Does it boot to BIOS or not?

If fans light up and spin, is your monitor plugged into your GPU or Motherboard? It should be plugged into the GPU.

Double check that the PSU is in the ON position and your front PC "On" button is plugged in correctly.

Don't bother trying to boot with no GPU. Your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. It needs the GPU, this is the same reason to make sure your monitor is plugged into your GPU and not the motherboard.

Yes I have ram like that, I tried booting nothing happened so no bios, No fans spin, I have power button on right for sure, psu is on, and monitor is connected through hdmi on gpu. @Voluspa

14 hours ago, Inachu said:

If the above tips do not work and pc is totally dead then just maybe it is your power supply.

Some power supplies have a button or a power switch on them. 

Make sure the power switch on the psu is properly toggled in the ON position.

Push come to shove try a different power outlet.

Is it guaranteed it is psu or can it still be other stuff thats damaged? because my psu is the only one with warranty. @Inachu

13 minutes ago, kanye east said:

Is it guaranteed it is psu or can it still be other stuff thats damaged? because my psu is the only one with warranty. @Inachu

What PSU do you have? Also are you in North America or somewhere else?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Voluspa said:

Canada, I have the MWE GOLD 750W

1 hour ago, Voluspa said:

@Voluspa

If the board is powering on (CPU fan spinning) but not passing the POST then I'd recommend getting a buzzer to get an error code out of it. They're pretty cheap on Amazon. If nothing is happening when you press the power button then there's a number of things you can try. Make sure there is no jumper on the Clear CMOS pins. Take the GPU out completely. If it manages to power on without a GPU, it'll probably fail the POST since it has no VGA output. That would narrow the problem down to the GPU. If you have another PSU that you know works, you can try to power it on with it. If it's in a case, you can take the motherboard out and place it on a non-conductive surface and try to power it on. I usually use a towel for this.