Is there any way to manually reorder my files?

Recently I lost my phone with some files that I always kept in order, mostly by "modification date", but I had a backup in my external hard drive, which now that I check, 12 out of 22 folders were completely messy, pics from the same date now 18 pics away, so since I can't just use "modification date" anymore in these folders, is there any way to at least reorder my files by hand in a new one?, picking one by one or something?

(In the first screenshot, those 9 structures pics are close together, like they should, but in the other 2 screenshots, those cars are not)

p1.png

p2.png

p3.png

Will sorting by date created work? Should be an at the top left of the window under the "View" or in your case "Vista" tab. From there it will be the "Sort by" button.

The manual option would be to rename them in a way you could sort them by name. For example Picture001, Picture002, Picture003... and so on.

1 hour ago, D_Lan said:

Will sorting by date created work? Should be an at the top left of the window under the "View" or in your case "Vista" tab. From there it will be the "Sort by" button.

The manual option would be to rename them in a way you could sort them by name. For example Picture001, Picture002, Picture003... and so on.

I already tried to use by date created, but it keeps exactly the same mess as modification date.

That is my second option in case of not finding any other way to do it, so yeah
thx btw.

I can't recall exactly how to do it but I'm sure there's a way to batch rename all files in a folder, not sure if that will help or not.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

With photos you can try with date taken as that's saved as metadata and not changed when file attributes change.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, LogicalDrm said:

With photos you can try with date taken as that's saved as metadata and not changed when file attributes change.

Well, apparently that didn't work either, now I tried every "date" related order and nothing.
Guess I'll just be doing the rename thing with all these folders, but thanks anyway for helping.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:32 AM, Mathias H. said:

I already tried to use by date created, but it keeps exactly the same mess as modification date.

That is my second option in case of not finding any other way to do it, so yeah
thx btw.

you can rename them. either alphabetical or numerical. 

for example 

A_car, B_car, etc 

or 

01car, 02car, etc 

and then sort by name = ) 

it's a pain in the ass but also the only way I found to do that reliably (in my case it's mostly videos) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity