Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTX 3060TI troubleshooting

So I managed to buy a RTX 3060TI but after installing it I noticed my pc makes 4 short beeps when booting up. After that it boots up fine and it seems to se semi-stable, I've only crashed running 3Dmark but that's about it. 

From my research online it seems that this is a memory issue, I'm thinking it might be faulty vram but I'm just guessing at this point. 

 

What I've tried:

- reseating ram and using different slots

- unplugging cables

- swapping my old GPU back in (this makes the beeps dissapear)

 

The GPU in question is a MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 2X OC.

Should I RMA it? If anyone has any idea on how to proceed that would be much appreciated. I tried to talk to MSI but they were less than helpful.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370P D3

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2666

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB

PSU: Corsair RMi 750 W 80+ Gold Certified

Video card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 2X OC

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try to boot from usb with hirens boot and use the utility "Video Memory Stress Test", if there is a problem with the video memory it will tell you.

Since is a new gpu, is normal to have the firsts batches of it with problems usually... happens

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Z. said:

What's the old GPU? Maybe try DDU

MSI gaming GTX 1060 6GB, I did unistall the older display driver in device manager but that didn't do anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dodecatris said:

MSI gaming GTX 1060 6GB, I did unistall the older display driver in device manager but that didn't do anything.

Sounds like there may be an issue with the 3060 Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites

I searched for the 4 short beep on gigabyte website.

- 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction

 

This is a mobo isue.. maybe the new gpu is geting it crazy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoanDG said:

I searched for the 4 short beep on gigabyte website.

- 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction

 

This is a mobo isue.. maybe the new gpu is geting it crazy

I also saw that, I cleared CMOS but that didn't do anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

What's the old GPU? Maybe try DDU

If you didn't uninstall the drivers via DDU, maybe is a good idea to do it, if you have windows on safe mode is more effective, search for msconfig on windows, and enable the safe mode, then restart and uninstall the gpu driversvia DDU. When done, deseable the safe mode the same way you enabled it, restart, and install the 3060 drivers.

 

Its worth a shot, it may work

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoanDG said:

If you didn't uninstall the drivers via DDU, maybe is a good idea to do it, if you have windows on safe mode is more effective, search for msconfig on windows, and enable the safe mode, then restart and uninstall the gpu driversvia DDU. When done, deseable the safe mode the same way you enabled it, restart, and install the 3060 drivers.

 

Its worth a shot, it may work

I'll try all that and also try the stress test, it sure can't hurt. Thanks for the help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I uninstalled all drivers via DDU which didn't do anything. I tried running the vram stress test but honestly the readme is worthless and I can't find anything useful from googling error codes either. 

It's a shame but the card is going back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they have a reserved stock for RMA cards usually, you will have a new one soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 1:48 AM, Dodecatris said:

So I uninstalled all drivers via DDU which didn't do anything. I tried running the vram stress test but honestly the readme is worthless and I can't find anything useful from googling error codes either. 

It's a shame but the card is going back.

You shouldn't be so hasty about sending the card back... got myself as well a msi rtx360ti, witch does the same thing but does 3 short(looking it up I think its graphics card error lol) and then 1 beep thats the booting up (All checks out time for starting xD), also people that got the gpu are experincing the same thing, I think its just the fact that the cards are so new that its interfering with some kinda protocol of the motherboard I dunno, I got a B450 Aurous Elite that every time the pc starts up the MB does a self test you know "VGA,DRAM,CPU and boot" and something about the rtx3060ti inst responding so to speak with the MB and causes the error beeps, but then the PC works fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, NakedGun said:

You shouldn't be so hasty about sending the card back... got myself as well a msi rtx360ti, witch does the same thing but does 3 short(looking it up I think its graphics card error lol) and then 1 beep thats the booting up (All checks out time for starting xD), also people that got the gpu are experincing the same thing, I think its just the fact that the cards are so new that its interfering with some kinda protocol of the motherboard I dunno, I got a B450 Aurous Elite that every time the pc starts up the MB does a self test you know "VGA,DRAM,CPU and boot" and something about the rtx3060ti inst responding so to speak with the MB and causes the error beeps, but then the PC works fine.

same problem  with me I upgraded from msi 1060 6gb to gigabyte gaming oc  3060ti I get 4 short beeps and then 1 booting up  beep, the pc runs fine I use a gigabyte z270  d3h  mobo,  I tried reseeding the ram reseeding the cmos battery, and removing the gpu, the4beeps do not  occur when the gpu is removed and return when i install the gpu

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, upgraded from 1080ti to 3080 and after that started getting the 4 beeps on Gigabyte motherboard. PC boots up fine though. When I install the old GPU it goes away. I did update the BIOS but the latest update was in 2019 so no change. If anybody finds out how to get this solved, would be much appreciated.

 

Edit: after some research, Disabling CSM support in the motherboard BIOS made it go away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×