NJ_Baby

Hello All,

I have recently just finished building my PC with:

Asus X570-PLUS WIFI BIOS Verson

Ryzen 7 3700X-Stock Cooler

Asus Tuf Gaming 3060 TI

16GB Crucial Ballistix Ram

1TB Samsung M.2 SSD

I have been having trouble with the BIOS settings, trying to figure out what's the best settings for cooling the CPU and performance as I'm worried about Temps. I tried looking up what settings would be most preferable but when I turn on the PC and boot Ryzen Master my Temps will be around 39-47 and jump around when I open up a browser or something. I tried using the Ryzen Master for their stress test and I reach 70 Celsius at most which doesn't seem to bad I'm assuming. If I do something like open up 5 tabs in my browser, I'll see my CPU Temp go up to 60 degrees and go back down to 40. The CPU Clock speed doesn't go over 4.1 when the maximum is 4.4 though, and the Voltage hits max 1.36, when not stress testing it sits at 1.1x range. I'm really confused what to do to assure I'm getting the most for what I have and keeping temperatures low. I'm not too knowledgeable with the BIOS settings so I'm almost sure I am doing something wrong there. Also, when I first set my build up, the little Tuf Logo Light on the graphics card was lit up, but now it's not but the card seems to be working fine.

Last night I had it to where the CPU would IDLE at around 33-37 and at a good temperature, then I went back into BIOS to change a few settings and then it stopped performing how it used to and the light went out. I would like to get it back to that point or see if there are better settings that I'm not aware of. I have very little knowledge of voltages, BIOS, or CPU Temps.

If anyone can guide me to the right settings in BIOS or if I'm doing something wrong I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge and any advice is welcome!

Ryzen stock temps are spiky like that

Have to undervolt to make it flat (the idle wattage is very different)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

19 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Ryzen is a bit weird like that (I think).

elephants

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Ryzen stock temps are spiky like that

Have to undervolt to make it flat (the idle wattage is very different)

Is my CPU Clock Speed and CPU Voltage normal though? I'm kind of worried as my temperatures spiking up and going back down from simply opening up Youtube? I have actually just fixed the problem with the GPU logo light which I had to update it in the Armory application that comes with the ASUS MB. I have no idea how to undervolt or what I should be doing to do that in BIOS. I have just updated my BIOS to the newest version for my MB though. While I'm typing this I have this page open, youtube page, and Ryzen master open and my CPU Temp is hovering between 39-43 which I assume is ok? I don't know what I did yesterday that had it idling at 33-37 but I wish I can go back to that lol. This is so stressful :(

4 minutes ago, NJ_Baby said:

Is my CPU Clock Speed and CPU Voltage normal though?

Yeah, it's very normal

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Yeah, it's very normal

Ok thank you, I didn't know what I should do regarding DCOP or PBO in BIOS. I just played maybe 5 minutes of Assassins Creed Valhalla to see my CPU temp and GPU temp while playing a AAA game and the most my CPU went to was 63 and the most my GPU went to was around high 50s. This is on a TV btw since my monitor is arriving Sunday. The BIOS doesn't recognize my Ram as 3200 while in DCOP. Should I turn off DCOP and PBO? The temps seemed fine while playing it's just every minute or so I can hear the fans ramp up a bit or when I open up Youtube or something I hear them start to turn up, I'm sorry obviously you can tell I'm just stressing and overthinking (which I do with everything). I just want to make sure when I dish out this type of money the stuff works properly lol. Anything specific I should have turned on/off, or changed the values of in BIOS? When I set the BIOS settings to default I believe that gives me the worst temps which is why I messed around with them a bit. I don't know how I had the PC Idle at 33-35 yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Yeah, it's very normal

I'm sorry one more thing, is it fine that my CPU doesn't reach it's 4.4Mhz maximum clock speed and only maxes at 4.1?

I never used pbo so I can't comment on that, I manually undervolt my CPU

As for docp, just enable it, and set ram frequency to the right one if you want to

What RAM frequency is it showing in task manager

For 3200, it should be 1600 or 3200, depending on how is being reported

Just now, NJ_Baby said:

I'm sorry one more thing, is it fine that my CPU doesn't reach it's 4.4Mhz maximum clock speed and only maxes at 4.1?

Yes, only in one thread application will you see 4.4

Personally never seen 4.6 on my 3900x even on single thread task, but it's still running at 3.95 when all cores are under load so yours sounds fine

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I never used pbo so I can't comment on that, I manually undervolt my CPU

As for docp, just enable it, and set ram frequency to the right one if you want to

What RAM frequency is it showing in task manager

For 3200, it should be 1600 or 3200, depending on how is being reported

Ok cool, I have DOCP enabled and in Task manager it is showing speed to be 3200 which is correct.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Yes, only in one thread application will you see 4.4

Personally never seen 4.6 on my 3900x even on single thread task, but it's still running at 3.95 when all cores are under load so yours sounds fine

Oooooh Ok I think I'm starting to understand it a bit better. Man have you been so much help. I was stressing the temps and all that mostly because I had it lower yesterday and only when I went into Bios and changed somethings up did the CPU Idle temp go up about 8-10 degrees. I'll go back into BIOS and make sure everything looks good before I leave it. Thank you so much I'm sorry about the bother. I really appreciate you guys.

2 minutes ago, NJ_Baby said:

I was stressing the temps and all that mostly because I had it lower yesterday and only when I went into Bios and changed somethings up did the CPU Idle temp go up about 8-10 degrees

I would say as long as the load temps aren't too high, you're good

Idle temps doesn't really matter, but it does signify idle wattage though

You can always reset bios if you think something is off, just don't forget to re-enable docp if you do

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I would say as long as the load temps aren't too high, you're good

Idle temps doesn't really matter, but it does signify idle wattage though

You can always reset bios if you think something is off, just don't forget to re-enable docp if you do

Yeah I understand. I just went back and confirmed that DOCP was on with ram frequency set at 3200 and that PBO is off. Right now with nothing open but Ryzen Master I’m at 38-41 degrees with a stress test hitting maximum of 70. That doesn’t sound bad. Every time I went into BIOS and returned everything to default that is when I get the worst temps which is strange. When I open up chrome and YouTube it jumps to 55 for a sec and drops down back to 38-40 so I think everything is working fine. I was flipping out when seeing it jump all the way to 58+ when opening up YouTube because from how I understood it, why would opening up a simple browser raise my temps that high lol, but when I played a AAA game it didn’t reach that. Temps seem to be good now while still having the occasional jumps to 50+ but it’s at 38-40 right now which seems good. Hopefully it works out, I appreciate you again!