DIRE HELP, NEED HELP WITH SETTING UP MY CPU CLOCK

SoCloseToPoop

Im new to pc’s, Whenever I boot up my pc, the cpu clock is set at 4399MHz on start and while idling, heating up my cpu, how do I set it up to where I set it lower while idling and increase when the load is bigger

I have a ryzen 5 3600x and a MSI b550 tomahawk 

No, do you know which setting it would be under and if there is an option for it to increase cpu clock when under pressure? But I will try it out right now, thanks

Just checking for a UTube vid that explains it clearly but can't find one atm

Precision boost is one option to check and also check DOCP setting to allow your memory will run at rams optimum speed

3 minutes ago, SoCloseToPoop said:

No, do you know which setting it would be under and if there is an option for it to increase cpu clock when under pressure? But I will try it out right now, thanks

yeah, its called the boost clock. But that cpu is way above stock , so ill assume it has been overclocked. Just clear cmos and go turn on xmp.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

You mentioned that your CPU is heating up, what sort of temps is it getting to when idling?

On boot up around 44-50 degrees Celsius 

2 minutes ago, SoCloseToPoop said:

On boot up around 44-50 degrees Celsius 

Whilst that is higher than I used to get with my Ryzen 7 it seems consistant with the clock speed you are reporting. I would follow HelpfulTechWizard's suggestion and reset the bios to clear any "bad" settings.

Try windows in power saving mode. Do adjust the hardware sleep times (or off) to where you like them. This should throttle the cpu to it's lower P-states to conserve energy.