After update and reboot, my mouse key to pause/play music now takes screenshots? Manjaro 19.4

Yah the title basically says it all, i just ran the latest batch of updates and rebooted my main desktop pressed my mousebutton to play music and it now apears to take screenshots??? My key for the next track just shows me a 馃毇 too

Its a logitech G502, the key is stored on the mouse and not done through software so its not some script thats broken from the update, the OS just seems to interpret the keycode differently and i have no idea how to fix that to be honest.

Any linux peeps know whats going on here? :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is聽play no games atm &聽watch聽anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...聽 nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project!Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log!聽(Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life.聽

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut;聽and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " -聽MageTank聽31-10-2016

Just now, Nayr438 said:

What Desktop Environment and What is the Macro stored as?

Cinnamon, its not really a macro, the mouse is sending a keycode like any other keyboard press or whatever

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is聽play no games atm &聽watch聽anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...聽 nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log!聽(Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life.聽

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut;聽and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " -聽MageTank聽31-10-2016

Try Checking System Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts and see what System -> Screenshots and Recording are bound to, do the same with Sound and Media.

If they look fine run "xev" in the terminal and press your play/pause key, post the output. If you get command not found, install "xorg-xev"

Or you can just try re-assigning them, If you need to you can use Piper to reassign your mouse keys. I know it works with the G502 as I use it.

17 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

Try Checking System Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts and see what System -> Screenshots and Recording are bound to, do the same with Sound and Media.

If they look fine run "xev" in the terminal and press your play/pause key, post the output. If you get command not found, install "xorg-xev"

Or you can just try re-assigning them, If you need to you can use Piper to reassign your mouse keys. I know it works with the G502 as I use it.

all keybinds in the settings are at their normal defaults, here is what i got out of xev pressing my play/pause key

FocusOut event, serial 39, synthetic NO, window 0x5e00001,
    mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 39, synthetic NO, window 0x5e00001,
    mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 39, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  2   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   
           0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   

mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyNonlinear

mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyNonlinear

and here is what i got pressing the next track button:

mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

Not really getting anything out of that myself, interesting that it says 2 keys maybe? but that could be something else.

Builds:

Spoiler

Did you not get a KeyRelease Event? You may have to click on the Window that pops up first when you run xev.

The output should look something like this.

KeyRelease event, serial 41, synthetic NO, window 0x8600001,
   root 0x6d1, subw 0x0, time 53833828, (1131,565), root:(1131,616),
   state 0x10, keycode 172 (keysym 0x1008ff14, XF86AudioPlay), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:  
   XFilterEvent returns: False

43 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Did you not get a KeyRelease Event? You may have to click on the Window that pops up first when you run xev.

The output should look something like this.

KeyRelease event, serial 41, synthetic NO, window 0x8600001,
   root 0x6d1, subw 0x0, time 53833828, (1131,565), root:(1131,616),
   state 0x10, keycode 172 (keysym 0x1008ff14, XF86AudioPlay), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:  
   XFilterEvent returns: False

even then neither of the keys give outputs that look even close to that

Builds:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

Then I am at a loss, as it should be registering something.

Its defiantly doing SOMETHING when i press it as it dumps a bunch of stuff in the terminal, but its not giving me any keycodes or anything like that that im seeing. Or maybe im just missing them, really annoying how it spits out 2000 rows whenever i move the mouse from the window or tab out -_-

Just checked that it works in windows 10 and it sure does, no issues at all. Its nothing mouse side, exactly as expected

Builds:

Spoiler