DX 11.2 and 12

I have a DX12 Radeon RX 570 as my main card but want a Radeon HD 8490 to drive a second monitor. I don’t use it for games, I’ll just use it for Zoom and web browsing. (The main card can drive a second monitor but it reduces performance) However, the 8490 only supports DX 11.2. Will that work, or will it set all of my DirectX to 11.2 for both cards? 

7 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

The main card can drive a second monitor but it reduces performance

Having a second display makes almost no difference to performance, unless you are running another program in parallel on that monitor.

And it should work, DX support only really matters for the API games can support.

2 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Having a second display makes almost no difference to performance, unless you are running another program in parallel on that monitor.

And it should work, DX support only really matters for the API games can support.

My issue is, when the 570 is at 100%, the 2nd monitor flickers and turns off and the PC needs to be restarted for it to come back on.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

There is a noticeable performance difference. And of course you use the second monitor for another program. Otherwise what's the point?

I don't necessarily agree with getting a second card for a second monitor tho. Too many potential driver issues and lots of additional heat and higher power consumption.

Just now, Senzelian said:

There is a noticeable performance difference. And of course you use the second monitor for another program. Otherwise what's the point?

I don't necessarily agree with getting a second card for a second monitor tho. Too many potential driver issues and lots of additional heat and higher power consumption.

Thank you.