Computer wont boot after memory upgrade. Cpu overtemp

Hello,

I recently bought new ram sticks DDR4 Ballistix 32gb 4x8 rgb(BL2K8G32C16U4RL) to replace my older 2400 16gb ballistix sticks.

I replaced the sticks and booted to bios utility right away to check if they are working. I saw that mobo saw them, but they were not running up to their capability so i turned xmp on and saved and exited.

After a couple seconds into booting into windows it turned off. I checked all the connections and turned the computer on and booted to bios, then i saw that my cpu temps were showing in the red and going up. After reaching like 94 degrees the computer froze and then shut off. Once i turn it on again it throws Cpu Temperature Error before even going into bios, and if i press f1 to go to setup it never shows up then quits. 

I installed my old ram cards back in and unfortunately the problem still exists. So did i fry my cpu? If i wait a while then turn the computer back on then cpu temps show low but starts increasing until it goes into red and shuts off. I checked all my connections thinking maybe i disconnected or bumped on a wire when i replaced the ram sticks but everything is in order and the problem persists. Its nothing to do with dust either i keep my computer clean. Is it my cooler? I checked all its connections and it looks like its running fine idk what happened.

Here are my specs:

i7 - 5820k

Sabertooth X99

rtx 3070

rm750x

old ram (ballistix sport LT 4x4gb dd4 2400) new ram cards above^^

Corsair h55 liquid cooler

So is there any way to save this or do i have to replace my cpu? It feels like its a setting or something because if i fully fried my cpu i wouldnt be able to get into bios utility and check cpu temp and make changes etc right? I just dont wanna spend hundreds on a new cpu just to find out it was something else

I know you checked the connections, but are all the fans actually turning on? It does sound like a fan cable got knocked into and unplugged/damaged.

Have you cleared your CMOS, then tried going back into bios? 

Ryzen 7 3800x - ASUS B550-F - G.SKill Trident 32gb

I think you may have 2 seperate issues at once.

For a start, the cooler you are using is a known bad un'. I used to have a corsair h55 but 3 weeks after installing it, the pump started making a loud noise. 2 weeks later and it died on me. I think your cooler just died on you. That's why your temps are gradually going up. Thats exactlly what happened to me.

The ram could be bugging out because you are trying to run 4 sticks at xmp. Motherboards don't really like 4 sticks of ram. Quite often you need to drop the speed of them to get them stable when you have 4 sticks. Ie turn on xmp then manually drop the speed to 3000mhz. That normally works.

even without fan it shouldnt get that temps on the bios normally... you can try to clear CMOS battery and re-sit the CPU cooler with new thermal paste, maybe is doing bad contact with the heatsink

Yes i just checked and all the fans, including the fan i have attached to the cooler is working as normal. 

11 minutes ago, Digideath said:

I think you may have 2 seperate issues at once.

For a start, the cooler you are using is a known bad un'. I used to have a corsair h55 but 3 weeks after installing it, the pump started making a loud noise. 2 weeks later and it died on me. I think your cooler just died on you. That's why your temps are gradually going up. Thats exactlly what happened to me.

The ram could be bugging out because you are trying to run 4 sticks at xmp. Motherboards don't really like 4 sticks of ram. Quite often you need to drop the speed of them to get them stable when you have 4 sticks. Ie turn on xmp then manually drop the speed to 3000mhz. That normally works.

I have had the h55 when i first built the pc like close to 2 years ago, and its been running smooth. But yeah it might have just died on me it makes sense since the temps gradually go higher and higher. But still weird that it dies when i switch the ram sticks? like it shouldnt have had anything to do with that if it was slowly dying it wouldve died like out of nowhere

the mobo supports 8 sticks. I got 4 sticks on purpose actually it looks better spread out and each have rgb so i thought it would be better aesthetically, and i looked online it was saying 4 sticks vs 2 sticks are not much of a difference. I dont mind running my ram at lower speeds to get the pc working but i guess i should fix the cooler problem first. 

38 minutes ago, 209Guy said:

Have you cleared your CMOS, then tried going back into bios? 

yea clearing cmos did not help