4K Movie from HDD to LG TV lagging/crashes

Happy1992

Hey,

Hope I am at the right spot here to ask this question.... I got my hands on the new 4K LOTR movies and wanted to watch them on my big TV (LG OLED65B9DLA). For some reason though the movie starts buffering after around 2min and keep continuing after running for another ~30s to then crash and tell me that the media cant be played. I tried it on my PC, everything works perfectly fine. I am not entirely sure what is causing this and how I could fix it... I have watched other 4K movies from my USB Drive to the TV and that worked without a problem, so I am thinking this might be the HDD that uses USB2.0 that is too slow to transfer the data? The stick has USB3.0, and as mentioned I had no issues with that (its too small to fit the movie).

Would welcome any advice on how to get this fixed.

Most likely that file has too high bitrate to read from USB 2.0 or even for the TV's decoder to handle. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

59 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Most likely that file has too high bitrate to read from USB 2.0 or even for the TV's decoder to handle. 

So what would be the best way for me to watch the movie then? I tried casting it from PC to TV but that only works for a few minuts, then stops. Guess hook it up to Laptop or PC directly is the only way?

Maybe you could split the file in 2 parts so it fits on your usb3.0 flash drive and see if that works... 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

19 hours ago, Kilrah said:

when I wanted to play a 4K movie on a usb 2.0 drive it had a bit of studdering, so I'd say It's probably bandwith issues

17 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Maybe you could split the file in 2 parts so it fits on your usb3.0 flash drive and see if that works... 

that's the best solution I can think of

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

19 hours ago, Happy1992 said:

Hey,

Hope I am at the right spot here to ask this question.... I got my hands on the new 4K LOTR movies and wanted to watch them on my big TV (LG OLED65B9DLA). For some reason though the movie starts buffering after around 2min and keep continuing after running for another ~30s to then crash and tell me that the media cant be played. I tried it on my PC, everything works perfectly fine. I am not entirely sure what is causing this and how I could fix it... I have watched other 4K movies from my USB Drive to the TV and that worked without a problem, so I am thinking this might be the HDD that uses USB2.0 that is too slow to transfer the data? The stick has USB3.0, and as mentioned I had no issues with that (its too small to fit the movie).

Would welcome any advice on how to get this fixed.

can you copy the movie to your PC , play it there and connect it to the TV ?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler