Best BUDGET PC to build in 2020

Budget (including currency): goal to be under $550 US 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am out to make the best Xbox Series X competitor that is under $550

I do NOT intend to build this but think it would be a good entry point for people looking to get into gaming PCS

These parts list is imperfect and I want the community's help in making it perfect.

Parts list

My goal is to make the PERFECT parts list for a 500-$550 budget and I feel there is room for improvement (I just can't figure out how)

If you think you have a part that is a better value than what is here please comment!

Maybe prebuilt system integrators could take notes :)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Well simply put this does not compete with a series x at all. The xbox is just better and until there are new parts out to replace the current not so great budget options I would just say get an xbox, ps5 or a used computer.

To put it simply. If you want a budget system to last a couple years into the new console gen it HAS to be be at least somewhat on par with them and the lowest end console is the series s which is still better than this computer in the cpu department by a lot.

Honestly, if you need a computer now under $600-700 and it’s only going to be used for gaming, just get a console. Like the person above said, current budget parts for a new PC just aren’t good enough to compete with the Xbox and PS5 in performance.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

25 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I do NOT intend to build this but think it would be a good entry point for people looking to get into gaming PCS

These parts list is imperfect and I want the community's help in making it perfect.

Parts list

My goal is to make the PERFECT parts list for a 500-$550 budget and I feel there is room for improvement (I just can't figure out how)

If you think you have a part that is a better value than what is here please comment!

Don't do a budget build rn. Literally nothing is in stock

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

29 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

Parts list

Ryzen 3100 or 3300X if you can get one - Stock cooler
Any 16GB 3200mhz CL16 RAM
Cheapest B450 Mobo you can find that supports the above CPU and RAM speed

any 1TB 2.5" SSD

A GTX1650 or 1660 are both better

Q300L case is garbage for airflow - get something with mesh front panel and top panel

Still won't come close to a next gen console for fuss free perfromance

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

A GTX1650 or 1660 are both better

In this price range, fitting a 1660 would be very hard. The RX 570 normally beats the 1650 in raw performance, but the 1650 has lower power consumtion.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh