What is causing this whirling sound?

John55
On my old build, I had a i7 7700k with a Corsair AIO pump, GTX 1060 6 GB, and a 750 Watt Corsair PSU. I just got a 10th gen i7 with a new motherboard. The GPU and PSU stayed the same. Ever since I replaced the parts, I am getting this whirling sound. It is so annoying. I can't tell where it is coming from either. I hear it from the GPU and I hear it from the PSU. I never had this issue before replacing parts. Now, my AIO pump is 4 years old and I hear air bubbles inside it, could this be causing the whirling sound since pumps don't like pumping air?

The closest thing I found on Youtube that represented this sound was Coil Whining. However, I see that Coil Whining usually occurs straight out of the box and my GPU and PSU have been with me for 4 years now and I never heard this. So could this Coil Whining be coming from my AIO pump? Just trying to figure out what to replace. 

Coil whine can appeard later down the line too. Does the whirling sound alter when you play use programs that put a heavy load on the GPU?

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

5 minutes ago, John55 said:
On my old build, I had a i7 7700k with a Corsair AIO pump, GTX 1060 6 GB, and a 750 Watt Corsair PSU. I just got a 10th gen i7 with a new motherboard. The GPU and PSU stayed the same. Ever since I replaced the parts, I am getting this whirling sound. It is so annoying. I can't tell where it is coming from either. I hear it from the GPU and I hear it from the PSU. I never had this issue before replacing parts. Now, my AIO pump is 4 years old and I hear air bubbles inside it, could this be causing the whirling sound since pumps don't like pumping air?

The closest thing I found on Youtube that represented this sound was Coil Whining. However, I see that Coil Whining usually occurs straight out of the box and my GPU and PSU have been with me for 4 years now and I never heard this. So could this Coil Whining be coming from my AIO pump? Just trying to figure out what to replace. 

Sounds to me like the AIO pump would be going bad/not like pumping air to me. I have heard pumps when they get air in them and that is my best guess. Hope this helps! If you can, try a air cooler and see if the noise continues. Coil whine is not out of the question tho.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 hour ago, f1ght43v3r said:

Coil whine can appeard later down the line too. Does the whirling sound alter when you play use programs that put a heavy load on the GPU?

Most of the games I play are CPU intensive but whenever I open any game the noise starts occurring at a louder rate. Happens slightly when in idle