GeForce RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X 10G out of production?

adiobe

So, like many of you guys, I ordered a 3080.

I chose the one as in the title because it was the cheapest RTX3080.

I have ordered the card from day one, and I have been waiting ever since for my card to be delivered. 

I Checked weekly to see if there were new deliveries from MSI and a few came in.

But then I got this mail from the shop I ordered at (google translate from Dutch to English):

megekko.thumb.png.a99e96bafd0df9253568e8029b4309fd.png

Thank you very much for your order.

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the ordered product 292741 MSI GeForce RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X 10G Video Card is no longer available. The message from the manufacturer has reached us that this video card has gone out of production. As a result, we cannot fully deliver the order.

We will immediately prepare your order for shipment and cancel the item that is no longer available, so that your order is not delayed. The amount will be refunded within 3 working days via the payment method with which you paid your order.

At Megekko we work with automated systems where your complete order is automatically received, processed and prepared for shipment. Unfortunately, it is not possible to prepare your order with an alternative item. Of course we find it extremely annoying to have to mention this to you and of course we want to meet you in the shipping costs when placing a new order on our website for a possible alternative item. I would like to receive the new order number from you so that I can arrange this for you personally.

An alternative to this card is the OC variant: https://www.megekko.nl/product/1963/292742/Nvidia-Videokaarten/MSI-GeForce-RTX-3080-VENTUS-3X-10G-OC-Videokaart?s_o=1
We currently have about 150 pre-orders for this. You are free to place a new order and, for example, join this queue. No matter how annoying we find it, this decision does not come from Megekko itself and unfortunately we cannot give you priority when ordering another video card.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

So basically I have to order a new and other one, and have to get back in line. 

Man this has to be one of the worst graphic card launches ever? 

Also wondering if any other people got the same message from their store. 

Glenn

1 minute ago, adiobe said:

I have ordered the card from day one, and I have been waiting ever since for my card to be delivered. 

I Checked weekly to see if there were new deliveries from MSI and a few came in.

But then I got this mail from the shop I ordered at (google translate from Dutch to English):

Glenn

No it's still in production. (I know, suprising)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

No it's still in production. (I know, suprising)

Then why the hell did I receive this mail? Man this is so stupid.

Just now, adiobe said:

Then why the hell did I receive this mail? Man this is so stupid.

The ventus is still in production but only one variety instead of having a oc edition, non oc edition,... Basically so they can actually ship the cards instead of having to further divide their stock up. That and might as well do this and make some more money from the more expensive models by temporarily cancelling the lower end ones.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The ventus is still in production but only one variety instead of having a oc edition, non oc edition,... Basically so they can actually ship the cards instead of having to further divide their stock up. That and might as well do this and make some more money from the more expensive models by temporarily cancelling the lower end ones.

If I (basically pre)-ordered one, I should receive one none-the-less IMO (or just give me the OC version).
It makes no difference for MSI, it's just another BIOS on that card. 

As it says in the e-mail, the manufacturer basically told the webshop they wont be selling/making the non-OC version. MSI simply saw a way to make more money as the demand is present anyway. I don't know if this is widespread under component manufacturers but I wouldn't be happy with MSI if i were you.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Just now, adiobe said:

If I (basically pre)-ordered one, I should receive one none-the-less IMO (or just give me the OC version).
It makes no difference for MSI, it's just another BIOS on that card. 

And well simply put you don't matter to msi. They don't care of losing a buyer when there are a heap more still waiting in line for a card and another heap that have yet to even be able to place their order.

1 minute ago, f1ght43v3r said:

As it says in the e-mail, the manufacturer basically told the webshop they wont be selling/making the non-OC version. MSI simply saw a way to make more money as the demand is present anyway. I don't know if this is widespread under component manufacturers but I wouldn't be happy with MSI if i were you.

Exactly the reason why I now have ordered a Gigabyte one.

1 minute ago, f1ght43v3r said:

It's pretty common to do so. Might as well make a quick buck by selling the higher end stuff and temporarily suspending the lower end production.

40 minutes ago, adiobe said:

just to get that one also out of production merely months after "launch" possibly... 

41 minutes ago, adiobe said:

I question if this was a "launch" legally at least. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 4 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:48 PM, adiobe said:

Glenn

Same here.  Payed 900 euro for an msi gaming x trio rtx 3080. The webshop cancelled it and said they aren't made anymore. I asked msi and they said they still are. Only the demand is so big.  The shop just want more money 

On 12/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, f1ght43v3r said:

I pre ordered the 3080 rtx gaming trio from MSI. Webshop said msi quit the production. Msi co worker said its not. Only delivery is later.  Looks like webshop is cancelling orders to earn more money. 3070 in same shop is now 450 euro higher then i paid for my 3080 rtx.