Pc starts but nothing works.

Butwhytho

I need help. My "newly" built pc turns on and thats it. My monitor and usb isnt doing anything. Cpu fan and gpu fan is spinning. have i put cables wrong? It feels like atleast The monitor should work if ive put cables wrong..

I am no expert at this but I have an old Pavillion 1200 desktop. When I hit the power button, nothing happened. Fans would spin up but no display, nothing else. Finally I opened the case and then after a lot of digging. I removed the RAM. The mobo made some beeping noises, shut down, then I put one of my RAM sticks and then I got my display output. I really dont know if this was what resolved the problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Good luck!

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Great info. Could you post specs and maybe some pics showing your setup of cables etc. :)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Sounds like bad ram or did you plug in your monitor cable to the motherboard ports while having a GPU in the System?
But you have to give us some more informations to help you with your problem.

28 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Great info. Could you post specs and maybe some pics showing your setup of cables etc. :)

Not sure of all but cpu is a i7 8700 and gpu a gtx 1070. This 1 in The video is a gtx 660 i used to test if it was my gpu it was wrong with. And I just threw it all on the floor not caring about cable management but i did look at all cables and didnt find spots for them 

20 minutes ago, DrDrummer said:

Sounds like bad ram or did you plug in your monitor cable to the motherboard ports while having a GPU in the System?

Yes. While it was in there. Used both hdmi and dvi

33 minutes ago, DrDrummer said:

Yes. While it was in there. Used both hdmi and dvi on 2 monitors

This is common issue and it can take an hour or a day to fix it ( for me it took a day). So first of all disconnect all cables from the board ( cpu 4pin, 24 pin and sata). Then remove CMOS and hold power button for 1 minute or more. Leave computer unplugged for like and hour or more. Then plug in 4 pin and 24 pin + display cable and then turn your pc on (Keep cmos battery outside the cpu). If it gives display, place the battery back in its place. If it doesn't then place cmos back and Clear ram carbon contacts and swap ram positions.

This is common issue and it can take an hour or a day to fix it ( for me it took a day). So first of all disconnect all cables from the board ( cpu 4pin, 24 pin and sata). Then remove CMOS and hold power button for 1 minute or more. Leave computer unplugged for like and hour or more. Then plug in 4 pin and 24 pin + display cable and then turn your pc on (Keep cmos battery outside the cpu). If it gives display, place the battery back in its place. If it doesn't then place cmos back and Clear ram carbon contacts and swap ram positions.