CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x

Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A

Motherboard: Crosshair VIII Impact x570

GPU: RTX 3070

PSU: Corsair SF600

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Mhz CL18

Secondary Storage: 1tb Samsung nVME, 500 Gb m.2

BIOS Version: 2702

Hello! I am running into an issue with my new SFF build where immediately after sustained workloads, the PC will either freeze or completely turn off. I wasn't sure what the issues were at first so I tried different software to try to isolate it. I first started having this issue in games. I don't play any heavy titles, just Valorant and League of Legends, so I thought this behavior was very odd. I also had accidentally bent the CPU pins before, but bent them back. The CPU goes into the socket easily still but I know there's still a chance that it isn't working properly. My average temperature is ~35 degrees C idle and ~73 degrees C on load for my CPU and ~38 degrees C idle and ~76 degrees C on load for my GPU. At this point, I'm 60% sure it's the CPU and 40% sure its the PSU but I would like a second, third, fourth... and so on... opinion. Thanks in advanced!

Steps Taken:

cleared CMOS, ran at stock settings -- > freeze/shutdown

heaven benchmark for 2 hours to isolate GPU --> No issues

3D Mark Time Spy benchmark --> No issue

3D Mark Stress test --> 99% and 98.8% --> immediately crashes after. Frozen screen/immediate shutdown

Memtest86 --> No issue 0 errors

Flashed most recent BIOS --> freezing/shutdown after sustained load

Reinstalled windows --> freezing/shutdown after sustained load

Rearranged fans in case --> freezing/shutdown after sustained load

Unplugged and reseated power cables into motherboard --> freezing/shutdown after sustained load

I have a 700W power supply coming in on Sunday so I hope that may fix the issue.

I think the PSU might be the issue here?Have you done any kind of OC?

As far I've seen that the RTX 3000 series have momentary spikes in power draws under sustained load which causes the PSU to trip.. That MIGHT be the issue here too..?

7 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

I think the PSU might be the issue here?Have you done any kind of OC?

As far I've seen that the RTX 3000 series have momentary spikes in power draws under sustained load which causes the PSU to trip.. That MIGHT be the issue here too..?

That's also what I was thinking but itf the PSU were to trip, it would completely shut down the system instead of freezing would it not? Still not sure how its able to maintain 100% load for so long but only trip or freeze when the task is shut down after the task is complete. Also, no OC. Everything stock except the RAM to run at its rated speed. I forgot to include it, but even at stock settings for RAM running at 2133 Mhz, CPU running at 3.9 Ghz, and GPU running at 1700 Mhz, the PC still shuts off or freezes. 

22 minutes ago, kylealmighty said:

I also had accidentally bent the CPU pins before, but bent them back

Sus

Just now, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Sus

It wasn't inherently my fault. AMD's CPU mounting method to their motherboards is 100% inferior to intel's. With a little suction that CPU is coming out whether you want it to or not. ;( 

Is that the new stock of corsair SF or the old one? The old one had some issues i think. 

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

4 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Is that the new stock of corsair SF or the old one? The old one had some issues i think. 

I bought it recently. Its an SF600 and if the thing that I read online is true, it was manufactured on the 29th week of 2020 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update: Just put in an 800w SFX L PSU hoping to fix my issue but could not complete 3DMark Time Spy stress test without computer freezing. Tried to run Furmark CPU Burner, ran fine for 30 minutes and as soon as hit Stop computer shuts off. 90% sure its a because of the bent pins on the CPU.