Bios update made my display not display bios.

quixic

I am using a msi b550m pro-vdh wifi mobo. ryzen 5 3600xt. rx580. 16gb ram. I have been having issues getting oculus link to work on this computer so I have been trying to update drivers, reinstall drivers, anything really that might help because my situation doesn't have a fix from the internet. So, I tried updating my bios, which, I successfully did. My computer boots into windows 10 perfectly fine but the loading screen never comes up. The weird thing is that when I spam the delete key to get into the bios nothing ever shows up on my monitor. Windows never boots, my display never turns on (I tried with hdmi and display port). This leads me to believe that the bios screen is coming up I just can't see it. Because if I had screwed up the bios I don't think it would be able to boot into windows. Right? Have you ever seen something like this? Is there a way for me to fix it? I've tried clearing the cmos but the boot screens never show up still. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you running with multiple monitors? If not try different out, like hdmi. Alternatively you can boot into bios from windows. 

image.png.7ef75475fdeb0a4eaaec34e2762a3123.png

image.png.48fef35c84918d73cfb464d2b92ded6d.png

After restart choose UEFI

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 1:11 AM, DoctorNick said:

Are you running with multiple monitors? If not try different out, like hdmi. Alternatively you can boot into bios from windows. 

image.png.7ef75475fdeb0a4eaaec34e2762a3123.png

image.png.48fef35c84918d73cfb464d2b92ded6d.png

After restart choose UEFI

Sorry it took so long to get back to you I ended up bricking my motherboard trying to flash it back to the previous version. :| I sent it back to amazon and they gave me a new one. But with this motherboard I am still getting this problem. I am running duel monitors 1 display port 1 hdmi. I've tried it with only the display port one plugged in as well as with only hdmi but it still doesn't display. I have also tried to boot into it through windows by holding shift and clicking restart and then selecting advanced and the uefi one but it still doesn't display and my monitors never come back on. I am wondering if it is trying to display through integrated graphics even though the 3600xt doesn't have them.

Bricking? I thought you had bios flashback? idk what the issue is.

Had a similar issue at one point, clearing cmos fixed it. You can also try. Taking out gpu. Boot pc. ofc. with no display. shutdown. Put in gpu, boot. To see if it's recognized? Did you ever enable secure boot? and disable CSM? Maybe it enables it in the never version and after not showing bios splash.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Yeah, it has the flash bios button where you just need the motherboard and psu to flash the bios but, that didn't work I let it sit for 2 hours when it said it should only take 5-7 minutes and then when I tried booting it wouldn't work at all. So, I tried to flash the bios with the button again but, still wouldn't work. That's when I sent it back.

I haven't tried to enable secure boot but, from some quick google searches it looks like I have to use the bios to do that. Is there a way to do that just through windows? Also, forgive my idiocy but what is CSM?

Thanks.

Edit (10:10pm 12/16/2020):

I tried bulling the cmos battery and waiting 10 minutes to make sure that it cleared. Then I booted the pc without a graphics card in it. On the easy debug leds it went through them and stopped on the vga led (right before the boot one.) I waited for a while to see if it would ever change but, it didn't so I pushed the power to turn off the pc. I put the graphics card back in and booted. Still no bios or splash screen.

Edited by quixic

Do you have another monitor that you could try to use to check if maybe it is outputting an incompatible resolution for your current monitor?

If it still doesn't work, then I would either live with it for now and just wait for another UEFI BIOS update and see if that fixes the issue, or return the board and purchase a different one.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

I found the solution to my problem!

I have a dead graphics card! I tried using my brothers gtx 950 just as a test and the bios showed up fine. When I tried putting the rx 580 back in nothing showed up not even windows. Looks like I'm buying a new gpu. FML