Is the VG27WB1B worth it? (Monitor help)

Itachi_Uchiha

I’m looking for a good hdmi 2.0 1440p 120hz display for my series x and I found this monitor

I will also be using this for my pc at 165 hz. Is it worth it it seems kinda cheap. I’m okay with no elmb sync

https://www.newegg.com/black-asus-tuf-gaming-vg27wq1b-27/p/N82E16824281084?item=N82E16824281084

Please help me out and donate to my go fund me to help get parts for a gaming pc. Any amount is useful. Thanks! (dm for link)

How high is your budget?

Quite a few monitors are tuned so they perform well on their native refresh rate (in this case 165Hz) but get bad artifacting issues at lower refresh rates (120Hz or 60Hz for consoles for example). Then you'd always have to switch between different overdrive settings on your monitor depending on what you're playing. There are monitors that don't have this issue and can run on 1 overdrive mode throughout the whole refresh range. If i know your budget and region i can maybe point you towards a good one.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

How high is your budget?

Quite a few monitors are tuned so they perform well on their native refresh rate (in this case 165Hz) but get bad artifacting issues at lower refresh rates (120Hz or 60Hz for consoles for example). Then you'd always have to switch between different overdrive settings on your monitor depending on what you're playing. There are monitors that don't have this issue and can run on 1 overdrive mode throughout the whole refresh range. If i know your budget and region i can maybe point you towards a good one.

Under $400 usd I’m in the us

Please help me out and donate to my go fund me to help get parts for a gaming pc. Any amount is useful. Thanks! (dm for link)

6 minutes ago, Itachi_Uchiha said:

Under $400 usd I’m in the us

Have a look at this:

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

This was just released today. Basically the best 1440p monitor under 400$.

11 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

This was just released today. Basically the best 1440p monitor under 400$.

Wow perfect timing thank you so much. Way better color 😁