Cant achieve the same RAM overlock on new CPU and Motherboard

Hi,

I was lucky enough to score a 5900x + Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 motherboard combo on newegg recently, but I'm having trouble resetting my memory overlock with the same memory kit. I have the newest Gigabyte bios.

My old setup was a Ryzen 5 3600 and an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard with G.skill Ripjaws V 3000mhz CL15 16 16 35. I had that kit running stable for over 8 months before upgrading at 3600mhz cl16 18 18 18 38 at 1.45v and soc at 1.1v.

Since the upgrade, I cannot achieve anywhere close to the same memory overclock. Is this normal? Or am I forgetting something? Admittedly, I have never used a gigabyte motherboard, so the bios is still new for me. It seems pretty straightforward though. I cant think of why I cant get there considering the CPU is newer and better, and the motherboard is also better as well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

Yeah this is normal and the whole entire reasons why you shouldn't copy pasta number from a overclocking guide. They might work for x chip + motherboard but not a different one

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I will be buying another ram kit as well. This spiraled out of control from my original plan to spend $300 on a 5600x....

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

You could just be unlucky and have a worse IMC than your CPU you had before. With the IMC it's the same as with the rest of the CPU: You need to get a bit lucky to get a good overclocker. That being said, i had no problems running the same memory OC's on either my 3700X or my 5600X.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Most be something like that. The cpu seems like a good one. Consistent single core boost of 4.94ghz with pbo and I've seen as high as 5.09 a few times. Scores around 8850 in cb r20. It's hot though, so I'm playing with undervolt offsets now.