Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ryzen 5 3600 Insane Temps

Hello Gamers!

I just yesterday built my first PC and everything was going well until it wasn't :(. My chassis fans would constantly ramp up to 100% and then back down to whatever it idles at (1300? 1000 rpm?) and it got very irritating. I looked at the temps and the bios menu (which i know is unreliable) said 66 degrees when I booted it up. I installed Ryzen Master and the idle temps were at 66 degrees, moving sometimes to 75. This, of course, means that my CoolerMaster MF120R fans (x6) ramp up to 2000 rpm, which is incredibly irritating to hear over and over when I'm staring at my desktop screen. I researched here a bit and understand that the Ryzen series is a bit hotter, that's ok, but even now just while writing this speech out the CPU is apparently at 60 to 65 degrees??!? Even today when i turned it on for the first time in 12 hours, the CPU was no joke IMMEDIATELY at 55 degrees. The only issue that i had whilst installing everything was actually the cooler, which I had to re-place back onto the CPU as i had the backplate around the wrong way, I don't know if this is an issue but both times the middle of the cooler was in the same spot, so I'm not sure if there is breaks in the thermal paste or what not. Everything was benched on user benchmark and appeared as it should do which I'm pleased about, but this fan issue and temps are annoying me as I spent beyond 8 hours looking up what the hell is wrong with them. I tried using the ASUS software (AI Suite) to help with the fans but the system wont let me change the speed of the fans when the temp hits above 70 degrees, so the fans go to 100% rpm and then back down constantly. Someone please help me for the love of god. Oh and all the while my GPU is at roughly 44 degrees. 

SYSTEM- 

Windows 10-64bit

Corsair Vengeance (2x8) 3200mhz

TUF B450m-PLUS motherboard

6x CoolerMaster MF120R ARGB fans (yes i know the motherboard doesn't have argb headers, i knew that before installing it)

Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD

DeepCool Matrexx 50 Mid Tower Chasis

Gigabyte P650W Bronze PSU

1 minute ago, VirtualSeahorse said:

You could maybe try updating your motherboard bios or messing with fan settings in there.

But for that PC case, the front isn't really going to do anything, you should just put like 2-3 fans in the top of the case for intake and let it exhaust itself out.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Those temps are fine, as long as they are not 90+ your ok, and sub 80 is optimal.

For the fans you should adjust the fan curve in your BIOS, it is probably too steep right now.

38 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Those temps are fine, as long as they are not 90+ your ok, and sub 80 is optimal.

For the fans you should adjust the fan curve in your BIOS, it is probably too steep right now.

So playing games (Escape from Tarkov) I hit 110 fps which is great whilst my CPU temp is at 75 degrees stable, my GPU also sits at like 55 degrees with nearing 100% load. These temps are ok for gaming but idle is a bit higher than i thought it should be. The issue though with the fans is strange. I watch Ryzen Master and the temps go from 66 to 75 instantly and then back down, is this normal? This just means that the fans react accordingly to the change in the temp.

51 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You could maybe try updating your motherboard bios or messing with fan settings in there.

But for that PC case, the front isn't really going to do anything, you should just put like 2-3 fans in the top of the case for intake and let it exhaust itself out.

Oh ok, i have the front 3 for intake and the rest exhaust. So you think its better for the back 3 to be intake and the front exhaust or left alone? This could be an idea worth trying because i was thinking about the efficiency of the front fans as they dont seem to pull a whole lot of air.  

6 minutes ago, VirtualSeahorse said:

So playing games (Escape from Tarkov) I hit 110 fps which is great whilst my CPU temp is at 75 degrees stable, my GPU also sits at like 55 degrees with nearing 100% load. These temps are ok for gaming but idle is a bit higher than i thought it should be. The issue though with the fans is strange. I watch Ryzen Master and the temps go from 66 to 75 instantly and then back down, is this normal? This just means that the fans react accordingly to the change in the temp.

It's normal. And the 10 degree jumps are also normal for ryzen, it's not actually get 10 degrees warmer all of a sudden, there's an issue with how the sensors work.

4 minutes ago, VirtualSeahorse said:

Oh ok, i have the front 3 for intake and the rest exhaust. So you think its better for the back 3 to be intake and the front exhaust or left alone? This could be an idea worth trying because i was thinking about the efficiency of the front fans as they dont seem to pull a whole lot of air.  

Right, there's like no access to air in the front, better off at least getting fresh air from the top down, which will force itself through the vents in the front/back anyways.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

16 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

It's normal. And the 10 degree jumps are also normal for ryzen, it's not actually get 10 degrees warmer all of a sudden, there's an issue with how the sensors work.

Yeah i thought so, thats what the issue is with my fans and why they're so annoying. I have a screenshot here of what i did to the curve, it seems to be ok like this but was able to push back the critical temp to 80 degrees as the cpu doesnt usually hit this one just at idle like it jumps to 75 degrees. I only just noticed that there is a fan smoothing mode on here aswell....

fan curve.png

That is a very steep curve. I would make it smoother. Maybe at 70 degrees have it at 60%.

4 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

That is a very steep curve. I would make it smoother. Maybe at 70 degrees have it at 60%.

I changed it to this. Btw what do you think about the fan placement? Would it be more so beneficial to have 3 intake at the back/top?

fan curve2.png

Did you update BIOS? Did you install chipset drivers first from Asus and then update from AMD websites?

If you update BIOS DO NOT UPDATE TO BETA BIOS IF YOUR BOARD HAS IT. READ BIOS NOTES CAREFULLY.

First uninstall chipset drivers then go here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Expand chipset drivers and look for     Version 19.10.22    2019/07/31

Install that and then the latest package on that page then head to AMD.com for the latest driver.

Make sure you use Ryzen Balanced power plan

If you wish to update your BIOS head also to that page but do not install BETA BIOS.

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907