Internet issues while using ethernet? Driver issues?

Adjo

Hello there!

I use a desktop pc, and I have fiber. Sometimes, I tend to download/upload stuff like most others. 

Motherboard: Asus z170-P

I get this issue, where if I download/upload max speed, for a while (uses about 50% usage according to task manager at about 500mpbs). I get this icon,image.png.b43dc00574be04fabdd84d882d54fd05.png

At that point, I'm unable to connect to the internet, and it plugging the ethernet cable out and in does not fix it. The only way to "fix" this, is to restart, but it ends up happening over and over, so it's not really a fix. I've  right clicked the internet icon before, and tried using the network troubleshooter, or whatever its called. It tries resetting the driver, but does not fix anything. At the end, it usually tells me: Could not assign valid ip configuration, as well as another under it, something about standard gateway something.. I've tried updated my lan driver once maybe 1-2 years ago. And it didn't fix anything. I see the current most up to date driver is from 2015. Should I try one of the older versions? Is there something else I have to update? 

I play games, and I use steam too, another problem, but not as annoying is that sometimes the ethernet connection to my desktop stops, and comes back 10-15 seconds later. This usually always happens, and especially if I'm watching a youtube video as well. This can happen over and over, I've tried to limit the speed but it usually doesnt help much, unless I limit it by a lot, which it would honestly be better to just let it download full speed and time out those 10-15 seconds every time. This does not affect other devices connected to the same network, only my computer that has this problem.

I have fiber, 500 up and down. 

I'm also using windows 10, 64 bit, up to date version. 

Anyone got any tips? Anything I can try? Thank you! 😀

43 minutes ago, Adjo said:

Hello there!

I use a desktop pc, and I have fiber. Sometimes, I tend to download/upload stuff like most others. 

Motherboard: Asus z170-P

I get this issue, where if I download/upload max speed, for a while (uses about 50% usage according to task manager at about 500mpbs). I get this icon,image.png.b43dc00574be04fabdd84d882d54fd05.png

At that point, I'm unable to connect to the internet, and it plugging the ethernet cable out and in does not fix it. The only way to "fix" this, is to restart, but it ends up happening over and over, so it's not really a fix. I've  right clicked the internet icon before, and tried using the network troubleshooter, or whatever its called. It tries resetting the driver, but does not fix anything. At the end, it usually tells me: Could not assign valid ip configuration, as well as another under it, something about standard gateway something.. I've tried updated my lan driver once maybe 1-2 years ago. And it didn't fix anything. I see the current most up to date driver is from 2015. Should I try one of the older versions? Is there something else I have to update? 

I play games, and I use steam too, another problem, but not as annoying is that sometimes the ethernet connection to my desktop stops, and comes back 10-15 seconds later. This usually always happens, and especially if I'm watching a youtube video as well. This can happen over and over, I've tried to limit the speed but it usually doesnt help much, unless I limit it by a lot, which it would honestly be better to just let it download full speed and time out those 10-15 seconds every time. This does not affect other devices connected to the same network, only my computer that has this problem.

I have fiber, 500 up and down. 

I'm also using windows 10, 64 bit, up to date version. 

Anyone got any tips? Anything I can try? Thank you! 😀

have you tried a new cable or a new port on the router end?

3 hours ago, cole0622 said:

have you tried a new cable or a new port on the router end?

I have not tried a different cable. I would've thought that it couldn't possibly be that, considering restarting my computer would fix the problem temporarily.

12 minutes ago, Adjo said:

I have not tried a different cable. I would've thought that it couldn't possibly be that, considering restarting my computer would fix the problem temporarily.

It might not fix it, but worth a try to see if it has anything to do with something other than the pc. Did your pc recently get an update if so it could be an issue with the new driver

9 hours ago, cole0622 said:

It might not fix it, but worth a try to see if it has anything to do with something other than the pc. Did your pc recently get an update if so it could be an issue with the new driver

It has been this way for probably two years. And I've always kept windows up to date. I'm gonna try some things and report back.