Why are the prices for the 3070 in my country literally double the normal price?

VibeChecker

I was browsing for rtx 3070's just for the sake of it, I have a 2070 so I don't really have to upgrade but I noticed that the prices for it in my country are unbelievably high.

This retailer called PC Garage is selling it for 3800 RON which is 950 USD (Quite literally double the price): https://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-video/asus/geforce-rtx-3070-dual-8gb-gddr6-256-bit/

Meanwhile on newegg the EXACT same card model is going for 530 USD: https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3070-dual-rtx3070-o8g/p/N82E16814126459?Description=RTX 3070&cm_re=RTX_3070-_-14-126-459-_-Product

I honestly feel like if you buy an rtx 3070 here, you're basically being scammed because the whole point of an rtx 3070 is to deliver the performance of an rtx 2080ti at $500.

Let me know what you think.

Since there is a massive shortage of 3070s, it's supply and demand. Also it's more expensive to ship it there, and taxes.

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Scalpers

But this is from an official retailer, and the prices are similar from multiple retailers

for some reason USA gets all the cards whereas most other countries get none... it's tbh the weirdest thing about this "launch" I don't think I've seen this before, even new iPhones are usually available *worldwide*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

for some reason USA gets all the cards whereas most other countries get none... it's tbh the weirdest thing about this "launch" I don't think I've seen this before, even new iPhones are usually available *worldwide*

I guess it's just another situation of the US being prioritized because it's basically the "default country". Do you have any idea whether international prices will drop after the supply shortage is solved?

pretty sure every countries gpu's, cpu's, and console's are massively overpriced. damn scalpers.....