Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem With Second MONITOR INPUT !?

Hello guys. I have two monitors recently i add second monitor to the motherboard HDMI cuz i don t want to add more useless pressure to the video card so i want to work with integrated GPU from my CPU. With my main monitor video card have 7-12 Wat usage when i add second monitor to the video card its above 20 so that means it work with video card but more interesting fact is when i plug in second monitor to the motherboard wat usage is the same like its plug in to the main video card why that s happened? its seem second monitor work from video card but how its possible when second monitor is plug in into motherboard ? when i disable second monitor wat usage from video card again drop to 10 (Sorry for my bad english)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your CPU have an iGPU?

Cool tech tip inside:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

elephants

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Does your CPU have an iGPU?

yes of course 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What CPU is it?

And motherboard?

 

Cool tech tip inside:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

elephants

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

What CPU is it?

And motherboard?

 

i3 8100 z370 msi gaming pro carbon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok
Well afaik when you have a dGPU plugged in your iGPU is disabled

 

So I think you are running your second monitor off of your GPU
By the way, what GPU is it?

Cool tech tip inside:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

elephants

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Ok
Well afaik when you have a dGPU plugged in your iGPU is disabled

 

So I think you are running your second monitor off of your GPU
By the way, what GPU is it?

so how can i enable the integrated GPU ? Its RX 580

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grigor said:

so how can i enable the integrated GPU ? Its RX 580

Check in the BIOS, it may be set to disable the iGPU when a PCIe GPU is connected. If it's enabled there, check the device manager. If it's OK there, check the drivers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Check in the BIOS, it may be set to disable the iGPU when a PCIe GPU is connected. If it's enabled there, check the device manager. If it's OK there, check the drivers.

if its disable from bios when i plug in second monitor into motherboard it will not work its enabled also drivers are up to date..

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Grigor said:

if its disable from bios when i plug in second monitor into motherboard it will not work its enabled also drivers are up to date..

The igpu is disabled by default when a graphics card is installed into the motherboard. It's not disabled from a second monitor into the motherboard.

There should be a motherboard setting named iGPU Multi-Monitor or something similar. That needs to be enabled to use both the igpu and a graphics card at the same time. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The igpu is disabled by default when a graphics card is installed into the motherboard. It's not disabled from a second monitor into the motherboard.

There should be a motherboard setting named iGPU Multi-Monitor or something similar. That needs to be enabled to use both the igpu and a graphics card at the same time. 

this is from bios settings right ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grigor said:

this is from bios settings right ?

Yes, it's under settings > Integrated Graphics Configuration > IGD Multi-Monitor.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×