Upgrade Spire to Prism

DSD27

I have a 2600x with the stock Spire, I don't have the brackets that were removed from the motherboard in order to install the Spire.

If I get this: Amazon.com: AMD Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler Fan from Ryzen 7 2700X Processor AM4/AM2/AM3/AM3+ 4-Pin Contact Heat Sink w/Bracket,Socket Retention Mounting Bracket for Hook-Type Air-Cooled w/Thermal Paste: Computers & Accessories

Will I need anything that isn't included on the package in order to mount it?

Is the backplate the same for both coolers?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

The backplate uses the same design and you won't need anything else to install the cooler. 

That being said, there are probably better coolers available that can use your existing backplate. Why are you looking at the Wraith Prism in particular?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The backplate uses the same design and you won't need anything else to install the cooler. 

That being said, there are probably better coolers available that can use your existing backplate. Why are you looking at the Wraith Prism in particular?

Because I really like how it looks and I figured it was the easiest to install. I don't really miss the hassle of installing towers, I don't have the time or patience anymore.

So those two brackets can be installed on the same backplate? Will the two black brackets visible under the cooler? Because I saw another Prism with yellow brackets, which won't look good if visible.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

2 minutes ago, DSD27 said:

So those two brackets can be installed on the same backplate? Will the two black brackets visible under the cooler? Because I saw another Prism with yellow brackets, which won't look good if visible.

The two brackets are on top of the motherboard and will be visible. The Wraith Prism hooks onto these brackets. 

maxresdefault.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.