How can i know wether this display is dead or not ?

Simone_ltt

Hey guys got a DELL vostro 1510's 15.6inch display (model no. B154Ew02)
I took from scrapyard to use as a 2nd display.
But before buying contolboards how do i know whether my display is alive or ded ?  Don't wanna spend money >.<

WIN_20201204_01_08_05_Pro.jpg

You can't. A display works by something telling a pixel what combination of yellow, red, and blue to be. If you don't have that thing that tells the pixels what to be the display can't do anything. Also think about it. You got this display off a SCRAPYARD a place where people throw stuff that stops working/don't wan't it but more so the first one.

Edit: I'm not scientist though. Their might be some blood sacrifice or something else that you can do but sadly I don't know any other method.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

42 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Help plese

This is not paid tech support where you get immediate help. Patience. Moved to Troubleshooting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

If you don't have that thing that tells the pixels what to be the display can't do anything.

The display has the control board inside it !

17 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

You can't. A display works by something telling a pixel what combination of yellow, red, and blue to be. If you don't have that thing that tells the pixels what to be the display can't do anything. Also think about it. You got this display off a SCRAPYARD a place where people throw stuff that stops working/don't wan't it but more so the first one.

Edit: I'm not scientist though. Their might be some blood sacrifice or something else that you can do but sadly I don't know any other method.

When i got it's original body attached to it again. i turned it on and the screen was lit up white with some very minot blu and red lines.
The person who threw it in the yard i contacted him and he said that the PC's GPU was TOAST so he placed it in the yard.

@Letgomyleghoe