My PC Build (looking for opinions)

aUser9

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a new PC build. My current specs are: GTX 1080 Ti, i7 4770K, Corsair vengeance pro DDR3 16GB, Asus Maximus VI Hero. Pretty outdated right?

So, I have the following in my for my new build:

RTX 3080

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Z490 (WiFi 6) 10th Gen motherboard

Intel Core i7-10700K 10th Generation Processor

G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4-3600Mhz RGB Gaming Ram

I mainly wanna game in 4K with as much FPS as possible. I don't know much about monitors and how they can effect the quality of games. I would like some monitor suggestions. My current monitor is only 60Hz 1080p. 

Let me know what you guys think about my current build and the new one. Also, some suggestions for a monitor :)

2 minutes ago, aUser9 said:

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a new PC build. My current specs are: GTX 1080 Ti, i7 4770K, Corsair vengeance pro DDR3 16GB, Asus Maximus VI Hero. Pretty outdated right?

RTX 3080

I mainly wanna game in 4K with as much FPS as possible. I don't know much about monitors and how they can effect the quality of games. I would like some monitor suggestions. My current monitor is only 60Hz 1080p. 

Let me know what you guys think about my current build and the new one. Also, some suggestions for a monitor :)

What is your budget for a monitor? Do you want 4k 144hz or 4k 60hz? Why not get a Ryzen CPU?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

no AMD?

your current build is outdated but not useless. probably can still hold up in some older AAA titles with a good overclock.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

5 minutes ago, aUser9 said:

RTX 3080

you should get a ryzen 5 5600x or ryzen 7 5800x if you are willing to wait which u prob r due to gpu 

but switch to amd

18 minutes ago, Aakash_Ram said:

you should get a ryzen 5 5600x or ryzen 7 5800x if you are willing to wait which u prob r due to gpu 

but switch to amd

22 minutes ago, Downkey said:

What is your budget for a monitor? Do you want 4k 144hz or 4k 60hz? Why not get a Ryzen CPU?

I've never had AMD CPU before. Although, i did come across AMD Ryzen 7 5800X yes but the difference between the i7 10700k and the 5800X wasn't worth the price imo. I already went over budget for the 10700K :)

I am mostly confused about what monitor would be suitable for this gaming setup. Obviously a higher refresh rate would be nice. My budget for a monitor is around $600. Any suggestions?

26 minutes ago, aUser9 said:

RTX 3080

if you are planning on playing n 4k, forget the monitor and get a tv.

i have a 65 inch tv and even at 4 meters away i can clearly see the 4k.

Unless you are going to play competitive games, no need to go higher than 60/75hz

And if you really want to, you should get a 200+hz monitor with 1080p, as having many frames with a very high quality display can (at least from what i've seen by personal experience) either not noticing the 4k on many frames or hurting your head (the latter is true especially if you are close to the display).

Otherwise, the specs themselves look good

Just now, aUser9 said:

I've never had AMD CPU before. Although, i did come across AMD Ryzen 7 5800X yes but the difference between the i7 10700k and the 5800X wasn't worth the price imo. I already went over budget for the 10700K :)

I am mostly confused about what monitor would be suitable for this gaming setup. Obviously a higher refresh rate would be nice. My budget for a monitor is around $600. Any suggestions?

Don't get amd, new lga 1200 cpus are coming in January, and are expected to (yet again) beat amd in single thread.

Also, personal experience but i never had issues with Intel processors.

Unlike amd

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, aUser9 said:

If your only gaming especially at 4K just get a 10600k

geometry is hard
b550 > x570