Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

She should've studied - ROG RIG Reboot 2020 (SPONSORED)

14 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I might be wrong here but she looks to be quite young, did Linus really just swear in front of a minor on the Internet?

lol

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

11 hours ago, Dracarris said:

Depending on the quality of travel restrictions: Fly them in, have them tested (if required), do the rig with masks, fly them back. Are all the contestants from the US? If someone would be from Canada would of course be much easiert.

Is Canada this strict, still? No entering at all for non-citizens?

As a US citizen I will say that I wouldn't want to be on a plane with some of the idiots in this country. We've had in total 14 million confirmed cases during the pandemic, not worth the risk. Winning a contest is awesome, LMG did a really good job considering the situation, and the choice to not fly people around was the best one.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PNY GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA SU800 1TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

5 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

As a US citizen I will say that I wouldn't want to be on a plane with some of the idiots in this country. We've had in total 14 million confirmed cases during the pandemic

True that. That being said, I am again and again surprised by the amount of passenger planes that are still regularly operating in the US. Everytime I check sites like flightradar24.com I ask myself the question whether there is an actual pandemic going on over there or not, the map is full of hundres of aircrafts over US soil.

17 hours ago, Velcade said:

Imagine the liability of flying someone over, them getting COVID, and dying.

What?? As long as you give her the choice and she decides to come, why should they be liable? If her plane crashes down, you also sue LMG because they were the reason she took the risk to go on a plane? This is nuts.. But maybe this is an US-legal-only thing I am unable to grasp.

Besides this, the chances of someone her age (unless she's in a risk group) even getting any strong symptoms are basically zero. Every car ride holds a much higher risk.

31 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

Besides this, the chances of someone her age (unless she's in a risk group) even getting any strong symptoms are basically zero. Every car ride holds a much higher risk.

she can still carry COVID (ft. asymptomatic)

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

SSD: 128GB

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

4 minutes ago, wall03 said:

she can still carry COVID (ft. asymptomatic)

sure, absolutely. I was thinking about her getting any serious damage herself.

19 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait, a girl???

#hireemma /s

*flashbacks begin*

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
    MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
    CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
    Samsung - Odyssey CRG5 series 24” LED Curved FHD FreeSync monitor - Black
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home

* thread cleaned *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

19 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

OMG!! He's giving her such a hard time! It's cringing! :(

I know, right! She actually seemed to kinda know what to do but Linus just kinda treated it like a joke or something. Although, I feel like if it was in person, it would've been a lot different. I mean, there would've been no reason to watch the video if it was just him building a PC with someone just watching, you know? But when he kept putting in the cpu incorrectly as a 'joke' it kinda pissed me off ngl. Although in his defense, the virtual thing is new, and they have to find a way to keep viewers interested and stuff and theres still a lot to learn.

hahaha I have depression haha lol. But also i'm Tanjiro Kamado's husband

Profile Picture by: @gr3ml1n_t0ast  on Instagram

5 hours ago, Dracarris said:

True that. That being said, I am again and again surprised by the amount of passenger planes that are still regularly operating in the US. Everytime I check sites like flightradar24.com I ask myself the question whether there is an actual pandemic going on over there or not, the map is full of hundres of aircrafts over US soil.

Few reasons for this, flying within the USA is not banned (like in Canada) but not advised therefore flights still can happen, in fact unlike the US Citizens Canadians can cross the boarder freely (assuming the US guard likes you or likes your resons). The bigger reason why you see large amounts of plans in the air isn't because the pandemic is "fake" or none of that nonsense, it's because airlines have legal obligations with airports to keep their spots. This means if say Delta parks all air crafts they would eventually loose their rights to park their planes at airports for passenger use or pay fines/fees. So even when large lock downs a few months back were in play you could see hundreds of passenger planes in the air for that reason, now what many companies are not telling you is they are doing everything they can to limit their losses. Every plane has cargo space right? Well if you are forced to fly to airports regardless to keep your spot there and flying basically empty your belly of the plane can carry X tons of goods. See where this is going? That commercial plane might have 0 people less crew on it but could have millions of dollars in merchandise going from LA to NY in its cargo section (and apparently seating areas, which I didn't know till today). Not as efficient as a UPS plane etc however if they are flying regardless why not?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/25/business/coronavirus-airlines-cargo-passengers.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-from-passengers-to-cargo-how-airlines-are-overhauling-their-business/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2020/11/23/thanksgiving-travel-millions-pass-through-airports-despite-covid-19/6387694002/

The more you know :)

will this continuuue if and when lockdown is over? how does ppl enter to in even? thanks.

23 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait, a girl???

#hireemma /s

Here we go again

Finitude is what the two clock hands indicate as they point towards my cruel destiny. 

22 hours ago, Dracarris said:

Depending on the quality of travel restrictions: Fly them in, have them tested (if required), do the rig with masks, fly them back. Are all the contestants from the US? If someone would be from Canada would of course be much easiert.

Is Canada this strict, still? No entering at all for non-citizens?

22 hours ago, JonoT said:

Hi!

Jumping in here to clear some items up. 

Travel between US + Canada is on lockdown unless it's considered essential need I believe, but primarily we don't want to run a risk of someone getting while they were traveling to or back from our offices regardless if they're in Canada or the US. 

We felt this was the best alternative instead of picking 3 local Vancouver BC winners only.

To build on this. I live out in remote Alaska. I work with a few people from a town called Haines. Their major shopping is historically done in Whitehorse. In order for them to do that, they have to call a head(it's about a 5 day wait currently), have an itinerary pretty much down to the hour on where and when they will go places. If they are caught out of those places it's a huge fine and possibly jail time. They aren't allowed to overnight in YT. Just under 5 hour drive each way and they HAVE to be back out that night. 

For the people who want to drive to Alaska. There is a set route you have to take. If you are caught off that it's fine and possibly jail time. You can only do this with prior permission and an Alaska state driver's license to prove residence and that you're not just a snowbird(someone who lives up here in summer then goes down to the likes of Arizona, California etc for nicer winters). There's actually quite a few people who are "stuck" up here. They used the exemption in spring time thinking this would all be over with by winter. Now they can't drive to winter homes because their license says they live up here. That makes the trip turn into a tourism trip and not essential. They can fly, but then motorhomes or vehicles are stuck up here.

So yes. @Dracarris Canada is this strict. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x, Motherboard MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Raedon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mini, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now; UPerfect 7 inch LCD Aida64 Display, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, Voluspa said:

That sounds amazing. Other countries need to be much stricter on this.

2 hours ago, Voluspa said:

There's actually quite a few people who are "stuck" up here.

Wonder how they're handling it lol.

3 hours ago, kev790 said:

will this continuuue if and when lockdown is over? how does ppl enter to in even? thanks.

ROG RIG Reboot is an event they do once a year where they choose 3 winners based on video submissions to build a gaming pc with linus. This is the first of the 3 winners for this year. Assuming they do it again next year and you live in a country included in the give away, you can enter next year.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

On 12/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, Caroline said:

Here we go again

For the record, everyone saying this so far was mocking last year's experience.

It's like a criminal organization where all the members are undercover cops :P 

Can't wait for next year. I have the best idea - and no I am not telling you.

Spoiler:
"Oh wait. I don't have a higher-power card to test. Umm... LINUS HELP" <video ends>

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:
1. There must be a 17 in your signature somewhere.

2. No pictures under any circumstances, ever ever.

aHR0cHM6Ly9kcml2ZS5nb29nbGUuY29tL2ZpbGUvZC8xOWZWOVNidFp1d2FLUVUxaUY5bjg3MjVHelcxd2x2SWkvdmlldz91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I have a crush on someone but she's dating a friend 😞

I do not understand social interaction.

Send help.

Loved this one!! :D (#HireEmma :P Linus did say---oh wait, that's on floatplane early access right now, no spoilers.)  I think she mentioned wanting to stream, I hope she's able to get started soon, maybe I should follow her. :)  (I've already followed Madison and popped into a few of her streams now and then in chat.)

Hey does anyone know when the next episode will be up on YouTube (and posted on the forums)? I'd like to respond with a few pictures, because I'm apparently not the only one who---- (ah, uh uh, remember? no spoilers! :P)

Spoiler

Speaking of Linus hiring people.... is it wrong that I'm struggling / trying to not have TOO much of a crush on Sarah, like I may or may not have had on Max? 😆 I guess I was the only one. 687474703a_f6b2e706e67_TwitchKappa.png.680a0e65e332d15e305dead859f05e58.png

I do wish he had hired Julia from NCIX, I think she's pretty cute too and I like her video style. 😊

Actually, in response to

On 12/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait, a girl???

#hireemma /s

, I'm going to put this screenshot I grabbed of a face someone on Twitch made in response to a comment I made in her chat. :P

340513977_Screenshot(287).thumb.png.4eb46eaddf3ec5ac22378dfb3dcaf857.png

Yes, I know I teased the obligatory #HireEmma :P

On 12/4/2020 at 11:54 AM, Voluspa said:

To build on this. I live out in remote Alaska. I work with a few people from a town called Haines. Their major shopping is historically done in Whitehorse. In order for them to do that, they have to call a head(it's about a 5 day wait currently), have an itinerary pretty much down to the hour on where and when they will go places. If they are caught out of those places it's a huge fine and possibly jail time. They aren't allowed to overnight in YT. Just under 5 hour drive each way and they HAVE to be back out that night. 

For the people who want to drive to Alaska. There is a set route you have to take. If you are caught off that it's fine and possibly jail time. You can only do this with prior permission and an Alaska state driver's license to prove residence and that you're not just a snowbird(someone who lives up here in summer then goes down to the likes of Arizona, California etc for nicer winters). There's actually quite a few people who are "stuck" up here. They used the exemption in spring time thinking this would all be over with by winter. Now they can't drive to winter homes because their license says they live up here. That makes the trip turn into a tourism trip and not essential. They can fly, but then motorhomes or vehicles are stuck up here.

They have solutions for moving motorhomes and vehicles across the border. The snowbirds can still make the trip with their motorhomes and vehicles. They have to fly into the US and their vehicles will be waiting for them in the US. The basic jist is commercial drivers are considered essential workers and can cross the border for commercial endeavors. So they are able to bring the RV or vehicles across. Since you can still fly commercially into the US from Canada this make a loophole that can  be used to circumvent the issue of being stuck up north. 

Here is a link to one company that does this: https://www.tptrucking.ca/2020/07/is-your-boat-or-rv-stuck-across-the-canada-usa-border-during-this-covid-19-pandemic/