Intel optane 16 gb - Is still worth it in 2020/2021?

ReevoX

Hello,

Intel optane 16 gb is still worth? Right now i own 2tb hdd for some games (also own 2 small ssd) and i have chance to buy optane 16 gb for 5 euro. Ive seen the tests on the internet and optane looks cool, but all of this test are old (2017-2019). Seems like optane is not popular why? Its still worth to get one for that price?

I want to use it with my msi z490 gaming edge motherboard. 

1 minute ago, ReevoX said:

Hello,

Intel optane 16 gb is still worth? Right now i own 2tb hdd for some games (also own 2 small ssd) and i have chance to buy optane 16 gb for 5 euro. Ive seen the tests on the internet and optane looks cool, but all of this test are old (2017-2019). Seems like optane is not popular why? Its still worth to get one for that price?

I want to use it with my msi z490 gaming edge motherboard. 

if its just 5 Euros than get, its a good deal

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

I got my stick for $7.

Plus it came in 4 days and worked perfectly.

Can't use it with StoreMI though...

Hence the plan to upgrade to a X470/X570.

But yes, I would get it.

It's ~150 MB/s on writes, but on reads you can get around 900-1000 MB/s.

elephants

4 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I got my stick for $7.

Plus it came in 4 days and worked perfectly.

Can't use it with StoreMI though...

Hence the plan to upgrade to a X470/X570.

But yes, I would get it.

It's ~150 MB/s on writes, but on reads you can get around 900-1000 MB/s.

Oh god, so hdd  will be faster than my sata ssd with reads. So i assume it will be better to install games on hdd with optane than on ssd..

I will get this optane tommorow, thanks. 

dcd4d2812ecced140d3010f89a488d27.png